Start a Post

Company files – Frequently asked questions about AccountRight Live

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,469 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Company files – Frequently asked questions about AccountRight Live

AccountRight Live is a cloud accounting service that's the first of its kind in Australia and New Zealand. Available across AccountRight Basics, Standard, Plus and Premier. AccountRight Live gives you the freedom to work in the cloud, on your desktop, or both – so you can work anywhere, anytime.

• What pricing options do I have to subscribe to AccountRight Live?

AccountRight Live has flexible payment options. You can set up a monthly subscription or take out a 12 month subscription upfront. All subscriptions are recurring and have a minimum 12 month term.

• How many company files come with an AccountRight Live subscription?

Each MYOB AccountRight Basic, Standard and Plus product is issued with one company file. Company files are also known as company data files, business data files or ‘sets of books’. These files contain your accounting data. An AccountRight Live Basic, Standard or Plus subscription entitles you to one use Live Services with one company file.

An AccountRight Live Premier live subscription is issued with two company files and allows entitles you to use Lives Services with two company files

• Does an AccountRight Live subscription provide me with more than online file access?

An AccountRight Live subscription gives you access to Live Services with one MYOB Company file. Live Services includes AccountRight Live, so the subscription allows you to save your file online. It also gives you access to other live services. These include bankfeeds, online emails, the AccountRight In tray, pay direct online, and our pay super service. You can find out more about Live Services here.

• What’s the difference between an online company file and a desktop company file?

With an AccountRight Live subscription you have one online company file (or two with a Premier subscription), so you can save your data in the cloud or on the desktop and work anywhere, anytime. With AccountRight desktop only software your company file can only be accessed from your local computer.

• Can I purchase additional company files?

Yes. This is particularly useful if you manage a number of different businesses or manage a trust. There's no limit to the number of company files you can have. You can subscribe to additional AccountRight Live online files exactly the same way as you subscribed to your first AccountRight Live file. For AccountRight desktop software, you can purchase additional standard company files.

If you're currently using AccountRight Plus or lower, it may be worth considering upgrading to AccountRight Premier so that you have two company files and online file entitlements.

• Why is MYOB moving to a subscription pricing model?

Most online services (insurance, telecommunications, etc.) are now provided using a subscription pricing model. This provides peace of mind and convenience for those who are already busy running their business. MYOB understands that some clients still prefer to pay once a year, whereas others find it less of a strain on cash flow to pay by the month – that's why MYOB offers both monthly and annual subscription options.

• Are there any discounts for purchasing multiple company files?

Each additional online company file will receive a 30% discount from the Recommended Retail Price. Each additional offline company file will receive a 90% discount from the Recommended Retail Price. To qualify for a multiple company file discount, the additional company files must be purchased for the same business and AccountRight Live product.

• Can I purchase an additional online company file for a different AccountRight Live product?

Yes, for example, if you subscribe to AccountRight Live Plus and need another company file to run a trust, you can subscribe to AccountRight Live Basics for an additional monthly subscription.

Note: The multiple company file discount does not apply for additional online company files for a different product.

• Is there a minimum period for an AccountRight Live subscription?

The minimum period for AccountRight Live is 12 months. This is also the minimum period for any additional online company files. If AccountRight Live is cancelled and then restarted, another minimum period of 12 months begins.

• How do I pay for my subscriptions?

You can subscribe to AccountRight Live using direct debit from your credit card or bank account for either a monthly subscription, or pay up front for an annual subscription. Upon subscription, a non-refundable payment for AccountRight Live will be deducted monthly or annually depending on your choice. Payment will continue to be deducted unless you notify MYOB you wish to cancel.

• Can I upgrade to another AccountRight Live product?

Yes, you can upgrade to another AccountRight Live product. Just ask MYOB to increase your monthly subscription amount to the relevant monthly AccountRight Live subscription. Your upgrade will start from your next payment date and will be for a minimum of 12 months. Conditions apply for upgrading and downloading products. Please contact MYOB for more details if you are on an annual subscription or own AccountRight desktop software.

• Can I downgrade to another AccountRight Live product?

Your AccountRight company file has certain information saved in it based on the level of the software you use (Basics, Standard or Plus). While a file can be upgraded to a higher version, by adding the relevant information for higher versions, they can't be downgraded, as they contain information that can't be read by lower versions.

You can start a new subscription for a lower level product for a minimum period of 12 months. This would allow you to create a new company file in the lower version. Please contact us if you'd like to do this.

• What happens if I cancel my AccountRight Live subscription?

If you have an AccountRight Live subscription, your online company file is only writable as long as your subscription is maintained. Therefore, if you cancel AccountRight Live, your online company file will also be cancelled and the file will become read only. You will be able to download a read-only copy of the file for 30 days after cancelling. In order for you write to the file, you'll need to purchase AccountRight desktop software or resubscribe to AccountRight Live.

If you have AccountRight desktop software and cancel AccountRight Live, you can download a copy of the company file within 30 days of cancelling your subscription. The company file will no longer be available online, but you'll still be able to access and write to the company file using AccountRight on your desktop.

• What happens to my online company files if I cancel my AccountRight Live subscription?

If you cancel your AccountRight Live subscription or any additional online company files, the files will be available to download to your desktop for 30 days. After this time, the online company file will be deleted, however, the file will be read only from your desktop as long as you have downloaded the file within the 30 day period.

• What happens if I cancel an additional company file?

If you cancel an additional online company file, and were receiving the multi-file discount, the price for the remaining AccountRight Live subscription reverts to 100%.

If you have any further questions, please contact us. We are available seven days per week. Please feel free to post any questions you have about subscriptions or company files to this board

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post