This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
User
David_S
Australia
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Corrupt Database File (Repair Utility?)

Hi,

I am using AccountRight Plus 2011 for my small business. I was in the process of saving a quote when I got the following error message:

The database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file. [ Database name = \\?\C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files\Giant Games.myox ]

Stack Trace

----------------------------------

1 : (MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleySqlCeException)

The database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file. [ Database name = \\?\C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files\Giant Games.myox ]

at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)

at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open(Boolean silent)

at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open()

at MYOB.Huxley.Services.Core.CompanyFileService.GetCompanyFileVersion(String companyFilePath)

I closed AccountRight Plus and re-started. Now whenever I re-start AccountRight Plus and go to open my company file, I get the same error message. I've tried re-booting the computer that this software is installed on, but that makes no difference.

I saw a similar post where someone responded that this error could be because another backup program was trying to run a backup utility at the same time, but I've checked and I'm not running a backup.

The error response above suggests that I "run the repair utility", but I can't find out how to do this, and if I search "repair utility" on the MYOB online help it comes back with no matches.

Can anyone suggest what I should do from here? I do backup each time I close AccountRight Plus. Should I be retoring from the last backup?

Cheers

David

Please use plain text.
User
David_S
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Corrupt Database File (Repair Utility?)

Not to worry. Thankfully I backup daily, so I have managed to restore the database from my last backup.

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
AnnaRidley
Australia

Hi David, 

Thank you for updating your post to let us know it has been resolved.

If you do require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us through the forum.

Kind Regards,

Anna
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Please use plain text.
Cover User
JustSpas
Australia
0 Kudos

I have the same problem I have install the MYOB accountright 2011 in our store and its working. Now I tried to install it from my home computer and its keep giving me this message.

I have restarted - reboot and unsinstall- and install it again but still same mesage. HELP please

thank you

Gladys

DataException (10000)

The database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file. [ Database name = \\?\C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files\B R & G Gregson Pty Ltd.myox ]

Stack Trace
1 : (MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleySqlCeException)
The database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file. [ Database name = \\?\C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files\B R & G Gregson Pty Ltd.myox ]
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open(Boolean silent)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open()
   at MYOB.Huxley.Services.Core.CompanyFileService.GetCompanyFileVersion(String companyFilePath)

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
Matthew_W
New Zealand

Hi JustSpas, thank you for your enquiry.

This DataException message will generally be caused by the computer you're trying to install on having a backup program or file scan running while you try to run the installation. What I would suggest would be to make sure that all backup programs and antivirus program are disabled during the install process.

Something else I notice is that you're installing v2011, which is a much older version than the current version you're entitled to, which is 2013.2. I have updated your account and had download links for this sent out to you so that you can try install that version instead. If there is a specific reason you need or want 2011 this won't be an option but both the program and install process for 2013.2 have significant improvements over 2011.

Kind regards,

Matthew
MYOB Client Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

Please use plain text.