Start a Post

Data Format Exception 10012

mberkhout
4 Posts
User

Data Format Exception 10012

Hi everone

I purchased Accounts Right Basic Version 2012 (upgraded to 2013.5) and use it locally on my laptop (not online) and do not have any complex need. I only use it to record incomes and expenses. I encountered the following problem when I tried to open the Bank Register to record transactions. 

I spoke to MYOB and was advised to restore the backup file, but when I encountered the same problem when I opened the restored backup file. I called MYOB again and was advised that I need to pay for a subscription of $40/month to solve this problem or pay for a one off fee of $50. 

I don't believe I should be paying for the monthly subscription as I do not need constant help; I am quite proficient in using MYOB for my basic needs, nor should I pay for the one off fee.

Could anyone help me out please?

This value is larger than the maximum allowed

Stack Trace
----------------------------------
1 : (MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleyApplicationException)
(DataFormatException):
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Controls.ControlUtilities.GetMaxValueByMask(String mask)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Controls.External.extCalculatorControl.ApplyBindingAndFormatting(Object objectToBindTo, String propertyToBind)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.BL.CSUtil.BindControls(Object BindingSource, Control ProcessObject, Boolean ProcessChildren, Boolean TurnResetOff)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.BL.CSUtil.BindControls(Object BindingSource, Control ProcessObject, Boolean ProcessChildren, Boolean TurnResetOff)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.BaseForms.BaseViewContainer.BindControls(Object bindingSource)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.Banking.BankRegister.RefreshDataEntryPanel()
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.Banking.BankRegister.cmbType_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.Repository.RepositoryItemComboBox.RaiseSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit.UpdatePopupEditValueIndex(Int32 prevIndex)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit.set_EditValue(Object value)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit.set_SelectedItem(Object value)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Controls.External.ExtComboBox.set_DataSource(Object value)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.Banking.BankRegister.SetupCombos()
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.Banking.BankRegister.SetupContainer()
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.BaseForms.BaseViewContainer.InitializeContainer(IUIViewPresenter uiPresenter, IController parentController, IUIContext context, EntityInfo eInfo)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.BaseForms.BaseViewContainer.DynamicContainerLoad(String resourceID, String name, IController controller, IUIContext context, EntityInfo eInfo)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.BaseForms.BaseViewContainer.DynamicContainerLoad(String resourceID, IUIContext context, EntityInfo eInfo)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.BaseForms.BaseViewForm.InitializeForm(UIViewType ViewType, IUIViewPresenter uiViewPresenter, String containerResourceID, IUICompanyFile companyFile, EntityInfo eInfo, Boolean showAsModal, BeginNotificationRefreshMethod refreshMethod)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Framework.Presenter.UIViewFactory.GetForm(UIViewType viewType, EntityInfo eInfo, IUIViewPresenter presenter, Boolean showAsModal, BeginNotificationRefreshMethod refreshMethod)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Framework.Presenter.UIViewFactory.Show(IUIViewPresenter presenter, UIViewType viewType, Boolean showDialog, EntityInfo eInfo, IUIContext context, Boolean visible, BeginNotificationRefreshMethod refreshMethod)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Framework.Presenter.UIViewPresenter.ShowUIView(UIViewType uiViewType, EntityInfo entityInfo, BeginNotificationRefreshMethod refreshMethod)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Framework.Presenter.UIViewPresenter.ShowUIView(UIViewType uiViewType, EntityInfo entityInfo)
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Forms.CommandCentre.CommandCentreBanking.staBankRegister_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
----------------------------------

5 REPLIES
Ultimate User gavin12345
1,080 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia

Re: Data Format Exception 10012

Hi @mberkhout

Data Exception errors are caused by bugs in the program. A user can't enter an amount that the system won't allow. Other users are asked to send their file in for a free fix. Can't see why this is any different. Is there somehting you are not saying about what (other than MYOB) might have caused this? For example were you using a 3rd party Addon - if that was not properly written, that could also cause such issues. 

Regards

Gavin

mberkhout
4 Posts
User

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for responding. I dont know what else could have caused this, however, after reading your response, I deleted all the add-ons which I installed recently. Would it help if I re-install MYOB?

Regards,

Mary

Ultimate User gavin12345
1,080 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia

Hi @mberkhout

You could try re-installing and re-booting, although to be honest I don't think this will help - other than preventing further issues. Once there is a data exception in the file, (a bad entry), it generally needs to be removed/corrected in the file. If the data exception was caused by using an add-on, it's possible that add-on may have a bug in it that allowed the data exception - so it would be a case of talking to the vendor about getting the file fixed. If it wasn't caused by an add-on, then you should be talking to MYOB about getting the file fixed.

Regards

Gavin

mberkhout
4 Posts
User

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for your advice. I installed the old version Accounts Right Basic 2011 on another PCC but when I tried to restore a backup file it gave an error "The connectio to the server was lost. Please check that the server is on and connected to the network".

Can you advise what I need to do?

Regards,

Mary

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi Mary ( @mberkhout )

Please let me offer a warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Great to see @gavin12345 has already given you such a lot of information about this, I do hope you found that helpful in trying to solve your issue.

Instead of trying to restore the backup, are you able to unzip the backup file and copy and paste the myox file on your desktop. Once the file is out of the zipped folder, you can add that file into AccountRight by going to Open a Company File >> My Library >> Add a Company File to this Library.

This will let you select the file and add that to your library which, assuming the file is an AccountRight 2011 file it will be able to be opened.

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post