Start a Post

Emailing from AccountRight v19.3

Contributing Partner Jaime
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Emailing from AccountRight v19.3

Good morning

I am unable to email either payslips or remittance advices from AccountRight v19.3, was able to last week and there haven't been any changes. 

Error message:  The attachment file was created successfully, but there was an error writing it.

I have changed the properties and also reinstalled the program and still have the same error.

Thanks

Jaime

12 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,225 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Emailing from AccountRight v19.3

Hi @Jaime

AccountRight v19 Support Note: Fixing email issues does go over a potential solution of changing the AccountRight Shortcut that corrects that error.

In saying that whenever I have encountered the error it is generally caused by a previous document not getting removed. In short when emailing from AccountRight v19, the system will put a copy of the attachment in the user's Temp folder and tells the email program where it can find that attachment. Once that email has been sent the attachment file is then removed from that Temp folder. What I have seen is that the file is not deleted and therefore remains so when you next go to email it doesn't allow you to save that attachment as another one is already there. 

What I would recommend doing is navigating to you Temp folder for the Windows user's profile that is doing the emailing and check to see if you have any PDFs in that folder - generally named e<something>.pdf i.e. eSales.pdf If you do have any PDF files in that located you could look at deleting them before restarting AccountRight and trying again. The Temp folder path is:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

Do note that <username> is the username where you company file is stored and AppData is a hidden folder - so you would need to ensure that you can see Hidden files and folders within Windows.

AccountRight v19 Help Article: Error: "I/O Error in Routine" when emailing goes through the process I have seen with that particular message.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Hi Steven

Thanks for your reply, I have looked into this folder and there are no PDF's in there so I'm thinking it must be something else?

Help!!!!!

Thanks

Jaime

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,225 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Jaime

If there are no PDFs listed in that Temp folder and you are still getting that particular message then you would be following through AccountRight v19 Support Note: Fixing email issues - Section: "The attachment file was created successfully, but there was an error writing it." Which does involve changing the desktop target shortcut and possibly a reinstall of the program.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Hi Steven

I have already tried both of those fixes and have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, this still has not fixed the problem.

Thanks

Jaime

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,225 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Jaime

We are currently investigating this particular message occurring with AccountRight v19 and the latest Microsoft Office build (released on 21/04/2017)

Currently, a potential workaround would be to revert back to an earlier version of Office. Please speak to an IT person in regards to the impact on reverting back to an earlier version of Office,

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Partner Mark_Toll
1 Post
Partner
Australia

Steven

Has there been any further advances with this issue as I'm expereincing it for the first time this week - I can't issue Payslips as getting the same error issue as Jamie, and don't see the need to revert back to an earlier verions of Office.

I have quite a few Payslips to issue this moring after running a pay run yesterday in Premier V19.13

Urgent help is required

Regards .. Mark

MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
3,853 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hi @Mark_Toll,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If your Outlook has recently been updated to Version 1703 (Build 7967.2139), then unfortunately you will have to revert to an earlier version of Outlook in order to send e-mails directly from AccountRight v19. The alternative would be to save them as PDFs and then manually e-mail them from your Outlook.

If you're still on Outlook Version 1701, then you should be able to address this error message by configuring the properties of your AccountRight v19 icon. Please see our help page Fixing email issues for further information.

We do apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this time.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
MBosson
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi,

I am receving the same error messages when attempting to email today too.  Has never occurred previously and I email payslips every week.

Michelle

MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
3,853 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hi @MBosson,

Thank you for your post. As per my previous post, this is something that we are currently looking into - we'll be sure to let all affected clients know when further information is available. For the time being, the workaround is to revert to the previous version of Outlook or alternatively, save your payslips as PDFs and e-mail them manually.

Please see our help page Fixing email issues for further information.

We appreciate your understanding - do feel free to post again anytime.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post