Start a Post

Emailing from AccountRight v19.3

Contributing Partner Jaime
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Emailing from AccountRight v19.3

Good morning

I am unable to email either payslips or remittance advices from AccountRight v19.3, was able to last week and there haven't been any changes. 

Error message:  The attachment file was created successfully, but there was an error writing it.

I have changed the properties and also reinstalled the program and still have the same error.

Thanks

Jaime

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Emailing from AccountRight v19.3

Hi @Jaime

AccountRight v19 Support Note: Fixing email issues does go over a potential solution of changing the AccountRight Shortcut that corrects that error.

In saying that whenever I have encountered the error it is generally caused by a previous document not getting removed. In short when emailing from AccountRight v19, the system will put a copy of the attachment in the user's Temp folder and tells the email program where it can find that attachment. Once that email has been sent the attachment file is then removed from that Temp folder. What I have seen is that the file is not deleted and therefore remains so when you next go to email it doesn't allow you to save that attachment as another one is already there. 

What I would recommend doing is navigating to you Temp folder for the Windows user's profile that is doing the emailing and check to see if you have any PDFs in that folder - generally named e<something>.pdf i.e. eSales.pdf If you do have any PDF files in that located you could look at deleting them before restarting AccountRight and trying again. The Temp folder path is:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

Do note that <username> is the username where you company file is stored and AppData is a hidden folder - so you would need to ensure that you can see Hidden files and folders within Windows.

AccountRight v19 Help Article: Error: "I/O Error in Routine" when emailing goes through the process I have seen with that particular message.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Hi Steven

Thanks for your reply, I have looked into this folder and there are no PDF's in there so I'm thinking it must be something else?

Help!!!!!

Thanks

Jaime

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Jaime

If there are no PDFs listed in that Temp folder and you are still getting that particular message then you would be following through AccountRight v19 Support Note: Fixing email issues - Section: "The attachment file was created successfully, but there was an error writing it." Which does involve changing the desktop target shortcut and possibly a reinstall of the program.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Hi Steven

I have already tried both of those fixes and have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, this still has not fixed the problem.

Thanks

Jaime

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post