Start a Post

Import Error 10 invalid date

Dee22
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Import Error 10 invalid date

Hi hope someone can help!

I have tried all the suggestions on the forums so far but i am tring to import a purchase into MYOB AccountRight Plus 2016 and keep getting the invalid date error.  I have made sure my computer is English (Australian), my short date is dd/MM/yyyy and long date is d MMMM yyyy is there any other reason?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,221 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Import Error 10 invalid date

Hi @Dee22

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Without looking at the import file it can be hard to judge if the data included in that file is the correct format. I would recommend ensuing that you do not have quote marks around the data in that field can be checked via opening the file in NotePad.

If you would like to provide a copy of the import file that you are using I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to look into other possible reasons as to why that doesn't import.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Trusted Partner eJulia
103 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

MYOB import is incredibly picky about field formats in many ways. If your data arrives in one format and it requires another you must edit it to fix. Editing in Excel is tricky because other things may turn into dates or lose leading zeros. It will turn an ABN into scientific notation! As far as I am aware, in Australia, the appropriate date format is d/mm/yyyy without quotes.

If you import purchases using TransPost Plus it will accept any reaonable date format including date time formats and the number that Excel sometimes turns a date into. It will also deal with currency symbols, quotes and amounts in quotes punctuated with commas. If no date is supplied it uses the current date.

Julia Roberts
TransPost Support

Phone: 1300 768 993
Email: support@transpost.com.au

Web: http://www.transpost.com.au

Trusted Partner eJulia
103 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

HI @Dee22

MYOB import is incredibly picky about field formats in many ways. If your data arrives in one format and it requires another you must edit it to fix. Editing in Excel is tricky because other things may turn into dates or lose leading zeros. It will turn an ABN into scientific notation! As far as I am aware, in Australia, the appropriate date format is d/mm/yyyy without quotes.

If you import purchases using TransPost Plus it will accept any reaonable date format including date time formats and the number that Excel sometimes turns a date into. It will also deal with currency symbols, quotes and amounts in quotes punctuated with commas. If no date is supplied it uses the current date.

Julia Roberts
TransPost Support

Phone: 1300 768 993
Email: support@transpost.com.au

Web: http://www.transpost.com.au

Dee22
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Thank you for the reply.  I have tried both d/MM/yyyy and dd/MM/yyyy.  I have now attached the import file to see if there is something i am missing.  Hope someone can help.

Dee22
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Thank you Julia for the reply.  I have tried different date formats and tried changing my computer settings but MYOB doesn't seem to like any of them.  My general journals work fine but not Purchases!

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,208 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Dee22

Great to see @eJulia has offered her input on this, I hope you found that helpful.

Reviewing that log that you have provided, I can’t see anything that looks amiss in terms of unusual characters or spaces. There are a couple of things that could possibly be impacting on this.

Is the file stored on the cloud or is it stored locally? Files stored on the cloud can sometimes pull the dates off the cloud servers which can impact on the success of some import files. If your file is stored upon the cloud, you can check the file out by going to File >> Check Out. By checking the file out it downloads a copy of the file onto your computer, which will then use the same date format as your computer.

Alternatively, you could also export out a copy of the information you are trying to import and compare the information between the exported information and what your trying to import, looking for any small discrepancies around the date formats. By ensuring that the import file has the same formatting as the exported file, it should mean that the import file imports successfully.

Please do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post