This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Experienced Cover User
Jackwaj
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Importing payments

I am trying to set up a script to create a csv file to import payments into my Company file. In particular, I want to be able to import payments that close more than one invoice from a customer. In the attached example, I receive a paymet of $396, which is to close 2 invoices (12131 and 12132) from a customer

When I try to import the attached file, I get the following error message - "Unexpected import error - Sequence contains no matching element".

What does this mean?

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Tazinx
Australia

Re: Importing payments

[ Edited ]

Hi Jack,

Please refer to the attached image for how your csv file should be formatted to achieve a successful import; note: there should be no embedded hyphen in an account number when importing..

I've also attached an edited version of your file that I have tested which should work without error.  Please let us know how it works out for you.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania
Please use plain text.
Experienced Cover User
Jackwaj
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Tried your solution but no joy; still get the same error message.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers,

Jack

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Tazinx
Australia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Jack,

Sorry to hear that mews, I did not test the script on 2013.3 but on 2012.10 and it was OK so it should be same with 2013.3

I presume that you are using 2013.3; is that correct?

Added 11.50am 3/10/2013:-

A test import of the attached file (Clearwater Payments Received Test.txt) this morning in version 2013.3 and it tested OK.  I've tried many ways to emulate the error you received but without success.

Can you please test on your Clearwater sample company file and and advise us of your results?

Added 12.50pm 3/10/2013:-

I have just successfully imported a similarly formatted file into an online company file so I've now run out of suggestions except to say that it would be in your interest to contact MYOB customer support and explain the situation to them; perhaps there may be a problem with your company file.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Experienced Cover User
Jackwaj
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Thanks again for your ongoing efforts.

I am using 213.3, and I tried importing the payments into the Clearwater file after creating the invoices; got the same error message. I'll get in touch with customer support as you suggested. If I find out what the error means, I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Jack

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
Will_H
New Zealand

Hi Tony, Jack,

As always, Tony's advice in this case is the exact advice I'd go with.  I received your webjob request, and the most notable thing about it was that when I opened the attached file in Notepad, the linebreak characters were missing.   However, this file still imported successfully, so this doesn't appear to have directly been the issue.

However, this still makes me wonder if you're using a different linebreak character in your generated text than is generally used in Windows.

I was able to match the file into Clearwater using the following details (either by adding the linebreaks back in in Notepad, or by directly running the import file you provided).

The exact import I ran was:

{}
Deposit Account No.,Receipt Date,Memo,Invoice No.,Amount Applied,Card ID
11110,30/09/2013,"Payment; Invoice 12131,12132",12131,198,6169
11110,30/09/2013,"Payment; Invoice 12131,12132",12132,198,6169

I was able to achieve this in Clearwater by having added 3 things:

1. A customer Card with the name and customer number of 6169
  2. An Invoice for $198 with the number 12131
  3. An Invoice for $198 with the number 12132

I then imported this amount, it took successfully.  An unexpected error of "Sequence contains no matching element" may indicate that other programs are interfering with the correct running of AccountRight on your computer.

As such, can you confirm what version of Windows you are using on your computer, and are you able to import a receive payment into your file if you:

1. Take a backup of your file
  2. Export a copy of a Receive Payment transaction by going to File menu > Import/Export Assistant
    Choose Receive Payment as the type
    And export a copy of your data
  3. Delete all but 1 receive payment transaction from inside the exported file
  4. Import the receive payment file back into your file?

As you should be able to receive a payment entered in this way against any order in the system, and it will either record in, or generate an error relating to not being allowed to apply a credit, it would be great to know if this works for you.  An error at this stage would indicate a more general problem with your installation of AccountRight 2013.3, or the underlying services, and may indicate the need for a clean reinstall (including reinstalling the .NET frameworks).

Kind regards,

Will
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Please use plain text.
Experienced Cover User
Jackwaj
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

I'm running Windows7 Home Premium Version 6.1, Service Pack 1.

As you will have seen from some of my earlier postings on a number of import issues, I can successfully import Customer cards and Item sales.

I can't do a backup from home as we back up to a server in the office, so I'll try that on Monday,  but I'm puzzled by your instructions to export a receive payment transaction. When I go to Import/Export Assistant, and choose Export data, Receive payment is not an option.

What am I missing here?

Cheers,

Jack

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Tazinx
Australia

[ Edited ]

Hi Jack,

@Will_H  did make a mistake (we all make them) so you are not missing anything as "Receive Payments" can only be imported, never exported; please refer to the MYOB Support Note on this link Importing and exporting data in AccountRight 2011 and later,  The table on the 1st page of that Support Note lists what can be exported and imported.  'Receipts' such as "Receive Payments" can only be imported.

For the benefit of others reading this discussion I have attached a table of the "Receive Payments" import fields.

I'm sorry but I don't understand why you did not download the "Clearwater Payments Received Test.txt" file from my ealier message and use it to test against the sample Clearwater company file.  Instead you created one of your own to run against that sample company file which may contain characters causing you grief if you prepared it with software other than say Notepad.

Could you now please use the file "Clearwater Payments Received Test.txt"to test against the sample Clearwater company file I attached in my previous message; unedited and advise us of the results.

Best Regards

Receive Payments - Import Fields Table.jpg
Please use plain text.
Experienced Cover User
Jackwaj
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I did as you requested and tried importing the file you created. It failed with the same error message.

Just to complete the picture, I will try the same import on another computer running the same version of AccountRight Plus in the office tomorrow and see what happens. I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers,

Jack

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
Will_H
New Zealand
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Deeply sorry for the incorrect instruction to export a copy of the transaction, my brain kicked into auto-pilot on a Friday afternoon.  Thanks for the excellent catch @Tazinx and for updating Jack with something else to try on the weekend.

If you can let us know if the process works correctly when run on a second computer, that would be great.  It seems like it might be a computer specific issue at this stage.

Kind regards,

Will
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Please use plain text.