This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Contributing Partner
Moslink
Australia
0 Kudos

Local library could not be opened

I am unable to convert a data file, in fact I can't even explore the sample company as it keeps coming back with "Local library could not be opened. Please check that the MYOB AccountRight server service is started."

What does that mean?

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Tazinx
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Local library could not be opened

[ Edited ]

Hi Mos,

Welcome to the MYOB Community User Forum. As a new user we suggest that you become acquainted with the useful information available in the following link:-

Getting started in the MYOB Community Forums.

Moslink wrote:

I am unable to convert a data file, in fact I can't even explore the sample company as it keeps coming back with "Local library could not be opened. Please check that the MYOB AccountRight server service is started."

What does that mean?

It means that the application 'Huxley.Server.WindowsService.exe' is not an active process on your computer; it must be present to manage AccountRight 2011 libraries.

Please refer to the circled process illustrated in the attached partial screen shot of Windows 7 Resource Monitor.

You need to log out of AccountRight and reboot your computer for it to take effect.  Whenever a PC or Server installed with the new AccountRight is booted the application 'Huxley.Server.WindowsService.exe' is started and remains in the memory of that PC or Server until it is shut down, unless it's process is otherwise removed which may be the case in your instance.

Regards,

Taz

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania
Resource Monitor - Huxley in Memory.jpg
Please use plain text.
Contributing Partner
Moslink
Australia
0 Kudos

My windows platform is XP and under processes whe I right click it asks if I would like to end process, telling me it is running. Priority is set at "Normal". Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Tazinx
Australia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Does your library exist?

On an XP it should be:- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributing Partner
Moslink
Australia
0 Kudos

Yep, sure does, now what?

Please use plain text.
Contributing Cover User
Chris_S
Australia
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem, did the upgrade tonight and converted my existing files had a bit of a look around the new version with no problems. 

The problems started when I logged out and then tried to go back in.

I open my Account Right Plus no problem and I get to the welcome screen where it shows the recently viewed file is used after the initial upgrade.

I then click on Open an Accountright Library and it opens but under the Company Files in my Library heading is an error message "The local library could not be opened.  Please check the MYOB AccountRight Server service is started"

If I go back and try to open the recently viewed file I get an error message as follows:

LibraryException (100015)

(LibraryException): Required Registry Key 'LibraryRoot' is missing

Stack Trace ---------------------------------- 1 : (MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleyServiceException)  (LibraryException): Required Registry Key 'LibraryRoot' is missing

Server stack trace:    at Huxley.Services.System.LibraryService.HandleServerUtilitiesException[T](Func`1 executeInTryBlock)    at Huxley.Services.System.LibraryService.GetLibraryRoot()    at Huxley.Services.System.LibraryService.GetCompanyFileVersion(String companyFilePath)    at SyncInvokeGetCompanyFileVersion(Object , Object[] , Object[] )    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)    at MYOB.Huxley.ServiceModel.ErrorHandling.ExceptionHandingClientMessageInspector.System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.IClientMessageInspector.AfterReceiveReply(Message& reply, Object correlationState)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableClientRuntime.AfterReceiveReply(ProxyRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)    at MYOB.Huxley.API.Services.System.ILibraryService.GetCompanyFileVersion(String companyFilePath)    at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Decorators.Services.DecoratorServiceMYOBHuxleyAPIServicesSystemILibraryService.MYOB.Huxley.API.Services.System.ILibraryService.GetCompanyFileVersion(String companyFilePath)    at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Controllers.Application.CSMDIParentController.GetCompanyFileVersion(String companyFilePath)    at MYOB.Huxley.Application.CSMDIParent.OpenCompanyFileWithVersionCheck(String companyFileName, String companyFileDisplayName, String userName)    at MYOB.Huxley.Application.CSMDIParent.ShowWelcomeWindow(Boolean firstTime, Boolean doBackupCheck)    at MYOB.Huxley.Application.CSMDIParent.OnShown(EventArgs e)    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks() ----------------------------------

----------------------------------

I have no idea what any of this means but I have tried rebooting etc with no success.

Any ideas on what I need to do will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Tazinx
Australia
0 Kudos

Mos, Are you sure that your operating system is Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP3, 32-bit only)?

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Tazinx
Australia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the MYOB Community User Forum. As a new user we suggest that you become acquainted with the useful information available in the following link:-

Getting started in the MYOB Community Forums.

Please disclose the details of your Windows operating system to us; eg: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP3, 32-bit), etc.  Thank you

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributing Cover User
Chris_S
Australia
0 Kudos

Hello,

Windows 7, 64 Bit .

Thanks

Chris