This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
User
jodi
Australia
0 Kudos

MYOB Business Basics

Hi there

I own MYOB business basics and have been using it since April 2010

I have since found out that there is a new version called account right.

How do you upgrade to this?

I also have found out that I haven't signed up and paid for the $239 service? What is it and is it worth the money?

When is the APP for iPhone and iPad coming out, I really need a mobile version of MYOB as I am hardly at my desk.

Also currently when I try and email invoices from Business Basics it sends them in asian characters and not english.

I have opted in on the trial version of myob live accounts but unfortunatley cannot transfer over my sales that i currently have on my system and is it really a worthy $25/month option?

Please help!  

Ultimate Partner
Tazinx
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: MYOB Business Basics

Strewth Jodi!

You've asked a lot of varied questions but I may able to answer some of them for you:-

Re AccountRight Basics (AR-B) - 'How do you upgrade to this?'

Please read the MYOB Support Note on this link:- Installing and upgrading to AccountRight Basics 2011

'I also have found out that I haven't signed up and paid for the $239 service? What is it and is it worth the money?'

It is product support and upgrade cover for 12 months called MYOB Cover; I really cannot comment although I'm a Cover User; it is purely a personal user choice.  However, I understand that as you are a registered BusinessBasics user you could upgrade now to AR-B by simply taking out MYOB Cover at $19 per month for the next 12 months.

Why not do a test drive of AR-B?

You must read and understand the MYOB Support Note Installing and upgrading to AccountRight Basics 2011 if you intend to test drive AccountRight Basics.

If you wish to test drive AccountRight Basics then go to my myob, login using your current myob email address and password; then move your mouse over 'Try & Buy' and select 'Product Test Drive' from the drop down list that is offered.

From the screen that is displayed click the 'Free trial' link under the 'MYOB AccountRight Basics' accounting software product.to download it.

Once you have clicked on that 'Free trial' link an email will be sent to you from MYOB advising you that you have been given a 30 day free trial, included in that email advice will be your product Serial Number for the Trial period.   If you need help during your test drive, 30 days FREE product support is available from MYOB Technical Support on 1300 555 128.

If you undertake the AR-B test drive then why not make a copy of your existing BB company file and upgrade to AR-B.  That way you'll get a good idea whether it is right for you.  Please also refer to the AccountRight Basics Upgrade Forum for additional information from users of AR-B.  By the time your test drive period has ended you should be in a reasonable position to determine if a AccountRight Basics Upgrade meets your requirements.

Re your question posed in 'Also currently when I try and email invoices from Business Basics it sends them in asian characters and not english'

It cannot be answered as you have not provided any details of your email client (software you use to email invoices)

Regards,

Taz

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania
User
jodi
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: MYOB Business Basics

Fabulous thank you I'll try out the new version and see how it goes, thank you for responding!:smileyhappy: