Start a Post

Multi currency exchange account

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Multi currency exchange account

A question about multi currency exchange account.

Our company imports products from overseas. For those suppliers, we would record their invoices in another currency.
I set up new accounts for receivable and payable in other currencies.

Some material suggests to set another "Bank" account for exchange account.
I do not understand how this works? Is it necessary?
2 REPLIES
1,220 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia

Re: Multi currency exchange account

Sunfield,

Are you using the multi-currency option found in AccountRightPlus and above?

If you are recording thier invoices in another currency I would say yes.

You need to set up an account (not a real one) in MYOB for the currency, e.g. US dollars. If Multi-currency is turned on, then it will automatically create a partner currency exchange account.

The first account will detail the value of the US$, and the second account will be the balance $ amount, so if they are added together - they add up to Australian dollars.

You will also need to set up a US$ Trade Creditors Creditors account (which will also automatically create a  currency exchange account.

Here is a checklist I work through when setting up multi-currency http://www.aniseconsulting.com/downloads/MulticurrencyChecklist.pdf

It is a complicated area. Let me know if you have any further questions.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

$99 for 6 hours of MYOB online training plus a book From the author of Learn MYOB in 7 Days MYOB Chartered Certified Accountant

Lets Connect:
Twitter: @HeatherSmithAU | LinkedIn: Heather Smith | Website: Heather Smith |
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

824 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: Multi currency exchange account

Hi SunfieldAus

We have written a support note on Setting up and troubleshooting multiple currencies within AccountRight Premier which may also assist further.

Regards,

Leeya
MYOB Client Support

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post