This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Cover User
SunfieldAus
Australia
0 Kudos

Multi currency exchange account

A question about multi currency exchange account.

Our company imports products from overseas. For those suppliers, we would record their invoices in another currency.
I set up new accounts for receivable and payable in other currencies.

Some material suggests to set another "Bank" account for exchange account.
I do not understand how this works? Is it necessary?
Valued Partner
Heather_Smith
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Multi currency exchange account

Sunfield,

Are you using the multi-currency option found in AccountRightPlus and above?

If you are recording thier invoices in another currency I would say yes.

You need to set up an account (not a real one) in MYOB for the currency, e.g. US dollars. If Multi-currency is turned on, then it will automatically create a partner currency exchange account.

The first account will detail the value of the US$, and the second account will be the balance $ amount, so if they are added together - they add up to Australian dollars.

You will also need to set up a US$ Trade Creditors Creditors account (which will also automatically create a  currency exchange account.

Here is a checklist I work through when setting up multi-currency http://www.aniseconsulting.com/downloads/MulticurrencyChecklist.pdf

It is a complicated area. Let me know if you have any further questions.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

$99 for 6 hours of MYOB online training plus a book From the author of Learn MYOB in 7 Days MYOB Chartered Certified Accountant

Lets Connect:
Twitter: @HeatherSmithAU | LinkedIn: Heather Smith | Website: Heather Smith |
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MYOB Moderator
Leeya
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Multi currency exchange account

Hi SunfieldAus

We have written a support note on Setting up and troubleshooting multiple currencies within AccountRight Premier which may also assist further.

Regards,

Leeya
MYOB Client Support

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos