This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Contributing User
mc2095
0 Kudos

New to MYOB - should I purchase Account Right Plus v19 or go for the v2012?

Hi, I am looking to purchase MYOB to do my partners books.  I have previously only used MYOB in a training (TAFE) environment and that was version 19.  What I want to know is should I purchase the latest version 2012 or an older version 19?  I have seen quite a lot of negative comments regarding the new 2012 version of AccountRight Plus which is concerning.  I download a trial of the 2012 version and although it seemed slow to load the performance was not too bad for me and what I was doing (basic stuff only).   I will not be processing a high volume of transactions - it will be just be the books of one sole trader.  Any advice would be really appreciated!  

Please use plain text.
Super Partner
Nicquel
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: New to MYOB - should I purchase Account Right Plus v19 or go for the v2012?

Will you be processing payroll ? You may not need Plus, you may only need Standard.

As far as which one to choose, if you were my client & you only wanted to do simple process eg no time billing and you are not upgrading from an older version I would most likely recommend you install 2012, especially as you have trialed it & are not maddened by the processing times & it is obviously going to work on your computer without throwing up constant errors.

2012 does has some nice features that are not available in v19.

Nicquel Walker
Please use plain text.
Contributing User
mc2095
0 Kudos

Hi Nicquel 

Thanks for replying so quickly!  At most I will be processing payroll for one person for the foreseeable future, but I would like to have the payroll option included.

Please use plain text.
Super Partner
Nicquel
Australia

You will need to consider then if it is worth taking out cover at $714 per year for Plus. If you take out cover you will receive all the updates/service packs as they are released and next years tax table updates. The cover for standard is less and you can upgrade from standard to plus at a later date at a reduced price.

Nicquel Walker
Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Tazinx
Australia

Hi mc2095,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

I can offer you AccountRight Plus for $960.00 + $20 Postage, your choice of either V19 (what you used at TAFE)  or 2012 (the one you are trialling); it is about $106.00 more than what you pay MYOB but it includes:-

1. 12 Months MYOB Cover
  2. Tax Compliance update for the next financial year 2013/2014
  3. 5 company file entitlement

If you purchase from MYOB you receive only 30 days MYOB Cover and 1 company file entitlement for $849.00 + $15.00 postage.

If you are interested then please contact me at the email address shown below my signature on this reply.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania
Please use plain text.