This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Contributing User
0 Kudos

New to MYOB - should I purchase Account Right Plus v19 or go for the v2012?

Hi, I am looking to purchase MYOB to do my partners books.  I have previously only used MYOB in a training (TAFE) environment and that was version 19.  What I want to know is should I purchase the latest version 2012 or an older version 19?  I have seen quite a lot of negative comments regarding the new 2012 version of AccountRight Plus which is concerning.  I download a trial of the 2012 version and although it seemed slow to load the performance was not too bad for me and what I was doing (basic stuff only).   I will not be processing a high volume of transactions - it will be just be the books of one sole trader.  Any advice would be really appreciated!  

Super Cover User
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: New to MYOB - should I purchase Account Right Plus v19 or go for the v2012?

Will you be processing payroll ? You may not need Plus, you may only need Standard.

As far as which one to choose, if you were my client & you only wanted to do simple process eg no time billing and you are not upgrading from an older version I would most likely recommend you install 2012, especially as you have trialed it & are not maddened by the processing times & it is obviously going to work on your computer without throwing up constant errors.

2012 does has some nice features that are not available in v19.

Nicquel Walker
Contributing User
0 Kudos

Hi Nicquel 

Thanks for replying so quickly!  At most I will be processing payroll for one person for the foreseeable future, but I would like to have the payroll option included.

Super Cover User
Australia

You will need to consider then if it is worth taking out cover at $714 per year for Plus. If you take out cover you will receive all the updates/service packs as they are released and next years tax table updates. The cover for standard is less and you can upgrade from standard to plus at a later date at a reduced price.

Nicquel Walker
Ultimate Cover User
Australia

Hi mc2095,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

I can offer you AccountRight Plus for $960.00 + $20 Postage, your choice of either V19 (what you used at TAFE)  or 2012 (the one you are trialling); it is about $106.00 more than what you pay MYOB but it includes:-

1. 12 Months MYOB Cover
  2. Tax Compliance update for the next financial year 2013/2014
  3. 5 company file entitlement

If you purchase from MYOB you receive only 30 days MYOB Cover and 1 company file entitlement for $849.00 + $15.00 postage.

If you are interested then please contact me at the email address shown below my signature on this reply.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania
Email:- tony@tazinx.com.au