This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Cover User
Mardo
Australia
0 Kudos

PAYG Summary lodgment with ATO ECI

Last week I printed up my payment summaries and then went to send the Summary electronically through the ATO's ECI. Well the file would not validate - in the resulting error file I got the following message:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR 1    Please contact your software developer.
        The Report Specification Version Number field must contain either 'FDASA001.0', 'FEMPA007.2', 'FEMPA007.3',FEMPA007.4', 'FEMPA008.0' or 'FEMPA009.0' but we found:

Report specification version number [Position 41-50] = 'FEMPA010.0'

File validation abandoned due to
Fatal Field Error.

----------------------------- END OF REPORT -----------------------------

I have sent an email query to MYOB support - on the 1st July, when I first tried to lodge it - have had nothing back except for the automated reply email. I am currently using AccountRight Plus v19. I had updated to the new compliance version (did not load tax tables) prior to attempting this. Since I have had no joy and no reply form MYOB Support I today tried to generate a PAYG summary on my laptop which is running AccountRight Plus version 19 WITHOUT the update - still no joy, I still get the same error. Now I could just copy it to a CD and send the CD in BUT the whole idea is to check it will work BEFORE it gets to the Tax Office and I am thinking that if it won't verify on ECI the quite possibly it won't verify at the Tax Office either.

I am stumped - out of ideas and annoyed! Not sure if the error is my end or whether it is an error with the software - it looks like MYOB maybe ahead of the Tax Office - if the numbers relate to version numbers.....

Any ideas would be good!

Thanks 

Valued Partner
Kerry_Black
Australia

Re: PAYG Summary lodgment with ATO ECI

Hi Mardo,

I think you probably need to do an ECI software update.  When I went into mine, it asked me if I wanted to update the software, I said YES, let it go through, went to lodge again and have lodged from current version.

Cheers,

Cheers,
KerryAnn Black
MYOB Certified Consultant
Bankstown NSW Ph: 02 9796 3500 Mobile: 0414 905 517
Email: kerryannblack@gkmee.com
Cover User
Mardo
Australia
0 Kudos

Thanks - have just found that out via the "Staff and Payroll" section of this forum. Pretty annoying - need to run ECI version 6, so currently downloading - will take a while though.

I don't remember a notice from the the software asking if I wanted to upgrade though - but may have when I last lodged the last BAS. Maybe I said no then - I usually don't but can't remember....

I wish I had thought to use this forum earlier - it is wonderful.... Thank you to everyone contributing.

Cover User
GeoffB
Australia
0 Kudos

Mardo,  I've got the same problem with my Empdupe file with the same error message.  How did you get the updated software version? Thanks for your help.

Cover User
Msport
Australia
0 Kudos

I encountered the same EMPDUPE error. had a live chat session with myob and they said it was an ATO ECI error.  I successfully downloaded & upgraded the ECI client to ver 6, but still had the same error.  spoke to ATO support last night and they verified that this is an myob issue (others have called the ATO with this same issue).  the error is in the file that is created by myob.  upgrading your eci client will not make a difference.  MYOB obviously doesn't want to own this one, but it is their issue. can't get thru on the phones to see what they are doing about this error...  so much for paying for myob support, eh? 

Contributing User
Craytan
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi All

I phoned a friend after I spoke with a client and it appears that V19 is ready for ATO ECI version 6.

To solve this 'Open' the EMPDUPE file in Word Pad or Word Format and change the version from 9 to 8 then save.

I did this to a 'dummy' EMPDUPE file and it was fine.

We do believe that all CD's sent to the ATO will be read as its only an ECI problem, will wait and see.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Tania Turale

Craytan Business Solutions
339 Melrose Road, Eugenana Tas 7310
Business: (03) 6427 3182 Mobile: 0427 272 378 info@craytan.com.au
AM
Cover User
AM
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your help. I have now updated my ECI software and all is good. Thank you again. I'll have to remember this for next year as I had the same issues last year too but forgot how to fix it :smileyhappy:

Cover User
Jdwaus
Australia
0 Kudos

I too had this same problem and have yet to get a reply from MYOB Support. I went and upgraded my ECI program and all worked well. I wonder why we pay for Support if we cannot get any reply?