Start a Post

Prior (closed) year reconciled transactions appear in bank reconciliation screen

Contributing Cover User KRA-NT
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Prior (closed) year reconciled transactions appear in bank reconciliation screen

Hello

Fingers crossed this is a simple fix.

Previous year closed (2015). About to close last year (2016). Went through and deleted the closed year (2015) jobs in an effort to tidy up defunct job cards. A handful of transactions from 2015 have now appeared on bank reconciliation screen. Created a new job card and tried assigning offending transactions to this job but the system won't allow it as transactions are from a closed year .....

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheers

Clare

4 REPLIES
MYOB Staff Post LeightonJ
414 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Re: Prior (closed) year reconciled transactions appear in bank reconciliation screen

Hi @KRA-NT,

It's weird that we have not gotten back to you on this matter immediately I apologise for that. However I hope this has already been resolved, otherwise let us know and we gladly will troubleshoot with you to get this sorted for you.

If there's anything else you need help with, please do post it here in the Community Forum.

Kind regards,
Leighton
Client Support Representative

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Re: Prior (closed) year reconciled transactions appear in bank reconciliation screen

Hello Leighton

Thank you for getting back to me Smiley Happy

Given this wasn't answered and I have been a little time poor of late to set aside an hour or so to ring MYOB - this issue remains unresolved.

Any light you could throw on this problem would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Clare

Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

@KRA-NT

Did you take a back up of the file before you rolled it over or before you started work deleting out job codes?   Easiest method would be to restore your file - however you would need to re-enter any current data in the restored file to bring it back up to date.

If you tick the items again in the bank reconcilation screen does your bank reconcilation come back into balance as at the LAST current date you reconciled and does this figure match your physcial bank statement?

@renae2peas
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hello

Thank you for your response.

No unfortunately I didn't take a backup prior to deleting defunct jobs.

I have gone in a ticked all the items in the bank reconciliation screen and yes the reconciliation comes back into balance, matching physical bank statement.

Given that it does come back into balance - am I now to select all 2015 entries and just reconcile as per usual?

Thank you

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post