Start a Post

Security check: New Security Feature in AccountRight

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User nzuser
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Security check: New Security Feature in AccountRight

This new security feature is a nice idea but I have a few questions about this, and corresponding matters:

A) how often does this report get sent, is it only for new suppliers/cards or will it notify of changes to existing cards? Can we actually trust that it will reliably notify us every time?

B) why have you not updated settings to include options to choose the frequency of the emails? 

C) why have you opted for email notification, but not created a report that can be run with Card changes instead? Why not have both options?

D) why is the only other report we can run to view bank details the Card List [Detail], why not include bank details on the Card List [Summary] report? The Detail report requires an entire page per card, which is ludicrously excessive and wasteful.

21 REPLIES
Experienced Cover User ntoumba
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Re: Security check: New Security Feature in AccountRight

WOW this week I have received 12 emails and its only Tuesday. 

We have 10 Account Files running and each of these emails was related to either new employees being entered or employee bank details being updated.

This may be a great feature for some that store payment details but we need to be able to manage this ourselves - Either via our MY.MYOB login or within the program itself.

With our 10 files we have 4 different ''owners'' listed with email addresses and now they are all recieving these emails - with our business set up this is not really necessary - a great feature IF it can be tailored to the user. But just this is just currently unessecarily adding to my inbox.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,546 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @nzuser

1. The AccountRight setting has changed message will be generated if a bank account is added or changed to a supplier card, employee card or self managed superfund while the company file is online. This does include if its been changed manually or imported or checked in. The system will collate that information and send out a batch email (one email 60 minutes since the first changed has been recorded) to the AccountRight Live Owner of that serial number.

2. We believe that 60 minutes is a good measure for this feature as it lets clients know when a change has been made so that they can action any mistakes made or look into the security before a potential situation does happen. At this stage we don't have any immediate plans to allow the user to set their own frequency for that but it may be something that we look at for the future but currently its a set value.

3. Email notification was the best way to let clients be aware of the changes made within a file. Clients are more likely to check their emails than run a report. Also it does make it separate to the AccountRight file so owners that may be offsite can get an email alert to give them notification that a change has been made back in the office or on site.  We don't have any immediate plans for a report to be available in AccountRight for this.

4. Personally I find that Card List [Detial] report is only suitable for viewing full card information i.e. you want to confirm information with a supplier. If you do want to confirm or check information in bulk OR provide a list of card values exporting out the information via using the File>>Import/Export Assistant is the way to go. This provides you with a text field with the relevant fields you want from the card and can be opened in a wide variety of programs (Excel, NotePad) and plus it likes puts it in a nice format in my opinion.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

@Steven_M I certainly hope MYOB reconsiders giving users the option to change the email frequency, as @ntoumba mentioned they've received 12 emails already this week - I think you'll find users becoming increasingly frustrated with having email updates every 30 minutes without an option to change. 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,546 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @nzuser & @ntoumba

I just thought I would add that you will get an email for each company file online that you have where a change has been made and you are the AccountRight Live Owner for that serial. For example if you have 2 company files in the cloud and a changes are made in each file then you would receive 2 emails. This does mean that the more company files you have in the cloud the more emails you may received i.e. @ntoumba mentioned that they have 10 company files so while I do appreciated that 12 emails are a number of emails to receive in 2 days, it relates to 1 email per file which I don't deem that excessive based on the amount of the cards that are 10 company files may contain.

I guess its all relative and your perspective on it, personally I would be welcoming a email to let me know a change has been made in the company file as quickly as possible if that change was made to bank account as it might prevent fraud or suspicious behaviour. However I can see the other side of the coin that people may get annoyed at recieving an email to let them know that a change has been made that they possibly had made.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

@Steven_M I appreciate that while you might feel "more is best", you need to remember that every customer has different requirements, and MYOB should offer a solution that caters to that.

The fact is, there is so much email polution - having MYOB send change emails at an overly enthusiastic frequency just adds to that, and might have the opposite affect you're intending. Instead of users actually utlising this service, they may end up filtering them like junk mail.

You should be offering effective solutions that can be catered to the needs to the customer, not dictating what you think the customer should have.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,546 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @nzuser

Thank for you for your additional feedback

At this stage we have gone with a blanket approach and set the notification frequency to be 60 minutes for those emails. As mentioned previously we don't have any immediate plans to allow the user to set their own frequency for that but it may be something that we look at for the future but currently its a set value.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,546 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @nzuser & @ntoumba

I've actually been notified that those emails will be sent out every hour not every 30 minutes per file. Sorry for that confusion. I've edited my posts to reflect the correct frequency.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
JeanetteP
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I cannot believe this can't be switched off if we don't want this annoying feature.  We are paying for this service, so if we want it disabled, we should have that option.  I do NOT want my inbox filled up with all these emails everytime I enter a new supplier, change a file etc etc.  I do NOT need to be told I just changed something in MYOB, I know, I did the change and now you are wasting my time emptying out all these worthless emails in my inbox.  Make the feature so that it can be disabled and PLEASE disable mine because I DO NOT WANT IT!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,546 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @JeanetteP

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the recent MYOB security check email that we have in place relating to changes in bank details in an AccountRight Live company file.

At this stage it there is no way to opt out of those emails/prevent them from generating. This may be something that we look into for the future, but my understanding is currently no immediate plans are in place. 

With that being said I have shared your comments with the team.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post