Highlighted
WayneMukti
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Use current company file to do testing

Hello,

I am new to AR and to this board, so please forgive me if this has been asked or answered elsewhere.

I want to know if it is possible to use my current company file (copy it) and use the copy to make some changes / additions and then make the copy live come 1 July?

I am looking at a third party add in to manage Inventory, and don't want to do it on the live version.

Cheers, WT

3 REPLIES
Contributing Partner s_wool
9 Posts
Contributing Partner
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Use current company file to do testing

Hi Wayne,

If you want to make a copy of a file you can go to File->Back up, save the backup zip file somewhere, and restore that backup (File->Restore) to a new offline copy (choose "in a library on my computer or in my local library" at the restore screen). Just be sure to name your new company file name something different as you can't have two files in the same directory with the same file name. Please be aware however that these will be two separate files so changes you make in one will not be reflected in the other (however you can import/export transactions at a later date). Come July 1 you can just choose which file you want to put online and go from there.

Hope that helps,

Stu

WayneMukti
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Fantastic, thanks Stu, exactly the enswer I wanted to hear!!

Cheers

WT

WayneMukti
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Sorry Steve, one more question if I may.

If I make changes to the backed up version, and then use it as the live version come 1 July, how do I get the data from the original company file into the back up before we restore the back up?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post