Start a Post

User can't access company file

Experienced Cover User Youngone
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

User can't access company file

We have two company data files, which I have set up access for our accountant. In the past they have been able to access both files, but one of the files is no longer showing up for them when they log in. The other is fine, they are able to access and use as normal.

I have deleted them as a user and reset them back up again, but they still don't have access. They have tried logging off and logging back on again.

Can you help on this?

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,225 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: User can't access company file

Hi @Youngone

It sounds like you have invited that particular user to the company file as a file user and therefore has access to the one file they are invited to not other files on your serial number.

I would recommend going to my.MYOB account and selecting My Products>>Manage AccountRight Live. Within here you can check the status of the user access for your company files. I would assume based on the information you have provided that the user will appear as a file user for one of the files but not the other one.

If you would like that user to have access to both files they can be invited to each file as a file user or you could cancel their file user access and then invite that user as an online administrator.

Help Article: Set a user's online access level has more information into AccountRight Live user access.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post