Start a Post

What do you think of AccountRight 2016.3's new Cards List?

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator StevenR
74 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

What do you think of AccountRight 2016.3's new Cards List?

AccountRight 2016.3 introduces powerful features that help you find, analyse and compare your cards. You can do so much more in the Cards List window:

cardfile.png

You can now:

We'd like to hear from you!

Let us know in the comments below:

• what you think of the new Cards List features
  • how you're using these features in your business
  • what else you'd like to be able to do in the Cards List and other AccountRight list windows.

We look forward to your feedback!

15 REPLIES
Experienced Partner Daz152
47 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Re: What do you think of AccountRight 2016.3's new Cards List?

Its a novel feature but seems a little clumsy to use, It seems a lot less responsive at times.

It does save you hitting enter in the search bar. (Be nice if the search bar would search all fields at times.)

At this stage it looks okay but limited in use.  Depends on the business I suppose.

It makes it easier to find cards in some circumstances once configured.

I'd like to see a search where cards and ledgers etc were linked besides the basic reporting.

Then again I'd like to see better and custom reports but thats why we export all data to excel for reporting, but thats another issue.

Anyway as far as the card list goes, its an improvement and hopefully will help some.

Experienced Partner Stephen_Blacktop
33 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

For me I love it, as I have a long customer list. I can now add the Contact Name to the list and search for the person, great when I can't remember the company, but remeber who I was dealing with.

The Conditional Formating is nice as well, it will be nice to know which customers are in the location I am calling on by highligting them or simply filtering their postcode or suburb.

Something for the next up-date would be the ability to print the filtered list as displayed, yes I know I can do a screen capture and print it but ........

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,221 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Stephen_Blacktop

Great to hear that you are loving the new card list system and thank you for the feedback.

You also wanted the ability to print the filtered list a workaround you could use would be to right click on the list and select to Copy to Clipboard. You can then copy that into Excel or even Word or NotePad if required.

Attachments.PNG

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Partner Stephen_Blacktop
33 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Hi Steven,

Ah, now you mention it I remember that being said at the Conference, DOH!

It's a bit hidden, but now I have tried it the information transfers well to Excel.

oceanwatch
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

It looks and feels like a very handy tool, I'll be using it especially for customers. I particularly like the conditional formatting and the customisation.

I found a rather round about way to print only those customers with overdues by grouping them, but I'd rather be able to select multiple cards on the screen then right click and print.

Another feature that would be really useful to me would be to be able to select multiple cards on screen and make them inactive.

MCares
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Whereas some of the new searh features may be useful it is extremely dissapointing so much time has been spent on this and yet you still do not appeapr to have done anything to fix the problems with the print mailing labels functionality or the ability to adjust the labels to suit preset labels as was last seen in premier 19.

The New Accountright program is still a very long way from where the 19 was 

Sumo
1 Post
Cover User
New Zealand

Love the new card lists features. Especially to be able to look up a client by either address or phone number. Very helpful. Thanks

Lazloff
6 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Love it! It's a little slow to respond, but I have a large contact list. This sort of attention to detail is really great to see!

Experienced Cover User Lisa_H
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi

I have been having a read of this and am not getting nearly as excited as everyone else is about the "new" card list, so I think I may be missing the point!

As an example, I have 50 suppliers, 18 of which are located at our "remote" sites.  Through the card list, I added the column (clicked and dragged) "Custom List 1" and allocated "R" to this column for these particular suppliers.  To allocate the "R", I double clicked on the entry, which still actually took me back to the "original card" and that's where I entered the "R".  I could also have actually done this when I first set up the card for them, so I am not sure why this is so much better to do it this way?  The "R" can't just be added into the column when the card list is open? (This is the first question)

Secondly, now that I've added the "Custom List 1" identifier "R" to these particular suppliers, can I now run a "Purchase Register Detail" report just for my suppliers with the "R" identifier?

Also, when I have the card list open with all the cards showing, when I click on "group" the screen just jumps around a bit.  I thought by clicking on "group" I would be able to allocate all my "R" suppliers to a particular group and then pick this group up in reports???

Regards

Lisa_H

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post