Start a Post

expired subscription

JackieBell
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

expired subscription

Hi, I received emails saying my new monthly subscription for online account has expired and to go online to check the new invoice. When I did that it said all invoices have been paid. I sent an email and didn't get any reply. So I rang MYOB during the week and was told the subscription for my company file is active and a direct debit has been set up, but the 2nd company file for my husband's business is not activated. I explained he is a simple sole trader and doesn't need the online benefits. I was offered a discount for signing his company file up as well but I had assurances my company file would still be active. I do my payroll on Sundays and tried to go online today (Sunday) to pay my staff (varying working hours so varying pays and super) and can't get in because my subscription is expired!! I tried to call but the call centre is closed. I resorted to going offline to access the payroll that way, and the file is READ ONLY! I ended up trying to sign up to pay again, hoping I could recoup my double payments to MYOB during working hours, but couldn't do it. I now have to ring tomorrow during working hours (difficult as I run a medical business with me as the only medical person) and have to  pay my staff late. Can someone please contact me asap and sort this out, as the information I received during my previous phone call during the week was obviously not correct. Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated.

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,221 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: expired subscription

Hi @JackieBell

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge. Also sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your subscription.

Taking a look at your account I can see that you did have an annual subscription setup for serial number ending in 7803, this subscription ended on 14/03/2017. A new monthly subscription does appear to be setup for 14/03/22017 and that is showing as being active. I have move across Company file ID 3 ("Jxxxxxx Bxxx Vetxxx Sxxx")  across to that subscription thus making the file active so you should have full access to that file in the cloud.

The email you would have been sent sounds like a renewal to get that AccountRight subscription renewed so you can continue to access that AccountRight company file in the cloud. 

You mentioned that you are not requiring that AccountRight subscription and would like to arrange cancellation of that?

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
JackieBell
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your help! I managed to process my payroll today so it is all working again.

I'm not sure which subscription I need to cancel. I used to have yearly subscriptions and I use 2 company files, mine (the one with a payroll) and my husband's (a simple sole trader company file). My company file has gone online after I was invited to change to the monthly cloud subscription, but my husband's is still offline. I just need the one subscription but wouldn't like to cancel something, only to find out that I can't access my 2 company files anymore. If you can cancel anything that's obsolete without me losing access to my 2 company files, then that would be great.

Thank you again for your help,

Kind Regards,

Jackie

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,221 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @JackieBell

Great to hear that you are working as intended.

In terms of cancelling I think we need some clarification in regards to what files you are using and what setup  you have. Can you  open each file and go to Help>>About AccountRight and provide the company file ID? Along with that I assume that both have the serial number ending in 7803 in the Setup>>Company Information window?

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
JackieBell
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi Steven,

Sorry about the late reply.

The 2 active files I'm using are Company File ID 2 and 3 (version 2016.3.19.1272, file version 2016.3.19.1695) They are both serial number ending 7803.

Hope that helps,

Thank you again,

Kind Regards,

Jackie Bell

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,478 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Thanks for that information @JackieBell.

I can confirm that this matches our records now. You will only have the one subscription charge. File 3 is your online file and file 2 should be available to you if used locally (offline). If you do have any further problems accessing file 2, go to setup and click company information and click 'license.' The subscription covers software updates for all files on the serial number (regardless of whether or not you use the file online). As future updates become available, you can install them on both machines, you just won't be able to use file 2 online.

If you do run into any further problems please let us know.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post