Start a Post

Accountright 2016.3 won't launch

WRSC
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Accountright 2016.3 won't launch

Hi, my Accountright 2016.3 won't open.  I click on the icon, it thinks about it, but nothing happens.  Have uninstalled and re-installed but no change.  I'm running Windows 10.  MYOB was working fine when last used the day before yesterday - I'm unsure if Windows has run an update since then and maybe upset things.  Help anyone?  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Accountright 2016.3 won't launch

Hi @WRSC

When AccountRight 2016.3 is launched you should get the Welcome window in which you can select to open a file, create a file.... If you are not seeing that window I would ensure that it is not appearing behind another application or minimised on the Windows Task bar.

If that is not the case, you could try to rename the "StrongName" folder, which is located in the location of 
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MYOB_Technology_Pty_Ltd\Huxley.Application.exe_StrongName_r........

<username> being the username you log into Windows with and the AppData is a hidden folder so you would need to have that preference turned on in Windows.

By renaming the StrongName folder to be something else, AccountRight will recreate it next time it does attempt to open.

If you are still encountering that situation of nothing occurring when you click on the AccountRight icon you may be looking at temporarily disabling any third party programs you have installed i.e anti-virus, firewall, third party backup programs before attempting to launch the program again. 

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post