Backing up in 2016.2.2

Experienced Cover User KOSKO
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Backing up in 2016.2.2

Hi

I just tried oppening myob

It asked me to upgrade, update, there is no option to backup first.

Now,

I have chosen an option after instaling new version (update sofware) to open up in old version.

It still asks for update.

The only way for me to oppen the file is to upgrade the file.

now is there anything in this new version of the software that may restrict oppening old version files,

and is it safe for me to upgrade the file without recent backup,

or

how do I make a backup of this old (existing) company file before upgrading to new one.?

Thank You!

Luke

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,672 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Backing up in 2016.2.2

Hi Luke ( @KOSKO )

Thanks for your question.

As long as you have an active subscription, then you are entitled to the update and you can safely open your file in the AccountRight 2016.3 version. If you didn’t have an active support agreement then I would recommend not upgrading into a new version, as if you’re not entitled to use a particular version then you will encounter confirmation issues down the track.

When you upgrade a file in AccountRight 2016.3, a second copy of the file is created inside your My Library, if the file is stored locally. This copy of the file will be named ABCD (Old v2016.2).myox and is a copy of the file preupgrade. In contrast if your file is stored online, then no duplicate file is created.

There is nothing in the new version that will restrict the opening and upgrading of older versions of AccountRight 201X.X into AccountRight 2016.3.

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post