Start a Post

Can I revert from 2016.2 back to V19 or earlier

Rudi2017
2 Posts
User

Can I revert from 2016.2 back to V19 or earlier

Hello

Am I able to downgrade from MYOB 2016.2 to an earlier version of MYOB, for example V19 or earlier.

I should mention that I havent used my company file online, and that my company file didn't begin in the classic range?

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Can I revert from 2016.2 back to V19 or earlier

Hi @Rudi2017

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

Due to how AccountRight 2016.2 upgrades the files it uses, company data files that have been upgraded to say AccountRight 2016.2 cannot then be downgraded into previous versions, such as AccountRight 2015.4. In addition as AccountRight 201X.X files are in a different format and have a different internal structure then AccountRight v19 files, its not currently possible to convert an AccountRight 201X.X file back into an AccountRight v19 file.

If you were looking at moving from AccountRight 201X.X to AccountRight v19, you have two options. Either you would have to find and restore a backup of that file from before it was upgraded to AccountRight 201X.X, and then enter in any missing information.

Alternatively, the other option, if you didn’t have a backup or the file was never on AccountRight v19, would be to create a new file inside AccountRight v19 and transfer over key information such as account balances and outstanding invoices. This will mean that your v19 file will not have any history in it unless all that history is entered into the file.

Please do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Rudi2017
2 Posts
User

Hello, thank you for the information. How do I get V19 to see if it will suit my needs?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Rudi2017

Currently we only have trial versions available for AccountRight Premier v19, for our clients who require multicurrency functionality. For versions below this, such as AccountRight Standard or AccountRight Basics, unfortunately we don’t have trial versions available.

One of our great Forum partners may have a copy of an AccountRight v19 trial version that they can provide you.

Please feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post