Start a Post

Cannot Connect to Network Library after upgrade 2016.3 SE

Bells_Strath
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Cannot Connect to Network Library after upgrade 2016.3 SE

I am having trouble connecting one PC to our Server after the latest upgrade of 2016.3.

I have followed all the steps that I can find on the forums.

I have reset the library location and restarted my server.

I have confirmed I have installed the right server program on the server and PC one on the other PC

We are only a small business that has one PC connected to the server.

Our online file is working on both fine.

Our other 5 companies we cannot access on the PC, however working fine on the Server.

I have followed all the knowledge base and help sections.

Can someone log into my computer and have a look?

I do not have access to an IT guru.

Thank you

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Cannot Connect to Network Library after upgrade 2016.3 SE

Hi @Bells_Strath

Are you able to clarify a couple of things for us, so that we can assist you and help you get the two computers accessing the files successfully?

• On the PC connected to the Server, under Open a Company File >> Network Library, do you see the company files that your trying to access or are they not visible?
  • Do you receive any error messages when you try and open the files on the PC?
  • Were you able to connect successfully in previous versions of AccountRight 201X.X

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Bells_Strath
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi Neil,

Yes I do see the company files on the server in that file

The error message we get is that the server needs to have the correct upgrade - it has but nothing has changed.  I cannot see the network library on the PC.

Yes, we have connected well in all other versions.

Happy for you to log in remotely and have a look? 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Bells_Strath

Generally speaking, a message along the lines of the server doesn’t have the correct version installed can be an indication that one of the AccountRight services hasn’t started properly on the server, specifically the AccountRight Server Locator Service. This service is used by the AccountRight to locate the server and if it isn’t running properly then it can impact on the ability to connect the network library.

Steps three and four of our help article AccountRight library service issues do discuss how to check and adjust the library services on the server computer. These steps can be done for all three of the AccountRight services, and as a result should allow you to get this working.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Bells_Strath
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi Neil,

I have run through all steps quietly and carefully.  I still have the same problem.

"we can't find a library on Hub1-PC AccountRight Server Edition needs to be installed on that computer"

I have also tried to set up a network on the PC (not server) and having trouble locating that too.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Bells_Strath

To help narrow down what could be going on with your network setup, the next thing to try is setting up a new network library on the server computer, connecting back to the server computer itself. Our help article, Manage libraries, does go through how to setup a network library.

Depending on whether the server can connect to a network library on itself will give a good indication as to what could be going on. If the network library doesn’t connect then it can be an indication that the library services may not be running correctly and this may require a full reinstall of the Server edition upon the server.

Alternatively, if the server can connect to itself with the network library, then generally it indicates that something is getting in between the two computers and preventing the connection of the network library. This could be the antivirus, or firewall or any other security software blocking the network connection between the two AccountRight programs.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post