Start a Post

Downgrade from Accountright Plus 2012 (with payroll) to Accountright Standard 2016.3 (Without payroll)

JandL
1 Post
Cover User

Downgrade from Accountright Plus 2012 (with payroll) to Accountright Standard 2016.3 (Without payroll)

Hi,

After speaking to MYOB Sales on 2 occasions we decided to Upgrade our Retailamanger 12.0 to 12.5 and Upgrade to the lastest AccountrightRight 2016.3 Standard. I was advised by both times by MYOB Sales that the downgrade was possible if i am no longer using payroll. So we agreed and signed up. I was then told to contact support to have the downgrade done, but Support tell me this cant be done and I have to create a new company file. Is this the case? because I have conflicting stories here.

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
3,799 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: Downgrade from Accountright Plus 2012 (with payroll) to Accountright Standard 2016.3 (Without payroll)

Hi there @JandL,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. We do hope you find it a valuable resource.

An AccountRight Plus v2012 company file is unfortunately not able to be downgraded for use with AccountRight Standard. This is simply due to the file database structures being too different, rendering them incompatible. Once a file has been opened for use in a higher product, it simply can't be opened or used in a lower one. If you were using AccountRight Plus v19 and had never used payroll, that could have potentially been downgraded to AccountRight Standard. However, even you were on v19, you've mentioned that you are 'no longer using payroll' suggesting that it had been used at some point. Based on this, the downgrade would not have been possible regardless.

In this case, your best bet would be to either continue to use AccountRight Plus or start a new company file for use with AccountRight Standard.

Hope that clarifies things - please don't hesitate to post again anytime you require.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post