Start a Post

Essentials vs Account Right Plus

Tntcrow82
1 Post
Cover User

Essentials vs Account Right Plus

Hi,

I have used MYOB for many years, but the lastest versions was Account Right Plus.  I recently opened a franchise and we were advised to use XERO. I am not familiar with xero and I find it difficult to navigate and add journal enteries and make changes to payroll once the payrun has been posted. I recently spoke to a myob consultant and they advised that the essentials version would be more than adequate for my business needs. They were helpful on the phone and I paid to have my xero file converted into it.  The trouble I am having is that is seems to have alot more limitations than the account right plus version, especially while I am trying to enter the old payroll history.   I would like to know the following;

What are the main differences with the essentivals vs account right plus

Can I enter credit card receipts in the MYOB app with either program - i tried to download the suggested app but it only lets you create an invoice, not add a spend money transaction

If i want to conver to the Account Right Plus will it be easier to convert from the xero file as it seems you cant upgrade from essentials?

I would appreicate feedback before I spend alot of time trying to get this up to date and then needing to make a change again

Thankyou

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,109 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Essentials vs Account Right Plus

Hi @Tntcrow82

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

MYOB Essentials is designed to be a simple easy to use Internet Browser based program. This does mean that it does offer simplistic features compared to the AccountRight range. We are always looking into expanding the capabilities of MYOB Essentials to expand on the current features inside that program. One of the major differences is that AccountRight allows for users to use company files locally or the cloud, whereas MYOB Essentials is online only.

Currently 'MYOB OnTheGo', which is the mobile app for both AccountRight and MYOB Essentials doesn't allow for the user to create a Spend Money transaction via the app, only manage customers and record invoices. In saying that as MYOB Essentials is purely browser based you could sign in via your Internet Browser on your mobile device (we recommend Google Chrome) and select to record that transaction.

At this stage MYOB doesn't offer a conversion service for MYOB Essentials to AccountRight, we only offer a conversion service for AccountRight to MYOB Essentials. For more into the MYOB Conversion services please see MYOB Product Migrations

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post