Start a Post

Have to confirm company file every time I open AccountRight 2016

MPAT
2 Posts
Cover User

Have to confirm company file every time I open AccountRight 2016

For the last few weeks every time I open my company file I have to confirm it online, any idea why? 

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Have to confirm company file every time I open AccountRight 2016

Hi @MPAT

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Confirmation is a process which all  company files will go through and is used to confirm that you do have a valid version for your serial number and that the company file is still active. Generally confirmation will occur between 6 - 9 months since the company file was last confirm. Confirmation can be done a number of different ways (online or via phone). If you are having trouble confirming your file do select the confirm later option this will allow access to the file for a limited period (14 days in most cases) before you have to confirm that file.

In terms of confirmation of your company file looking at the your account  (serial number ending 6249) you should be able to confirm the company file online using the Confirm Online option. With confirmation you do need to ensure that the date set within Windows is set correctly - it should be set to be dd/MM/yyyy or format English (Australia) or English (New Zealand) format. Other formats can generate confirmation issues. Also if you do have a language pack installed, especially an Asian one, this can impact the confirmation of a company file.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
MPAT
2 Posts
Cover User

Thank you for your reply.  The date format etc. is correct.  There are no other language packs installed.  This issue has only been happening since we renewed our subscription recently.

Thanks for your assistance.

Janette

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @MPAT

Taking a look at your account I can't see anything out of the ordinary at our end that will prompt that file to be confirming each time it is open.

I would be ensuring that if the company file is being opened on multiple computers that you do have the correct date (and format) on each computer, not just the one. 

Along with that I would ensure that you are entering the information into the correct file i.e. the current file. I have known a few cases where a client has restored a backup or opened an older company file each day and as that file is needing confirmation it is prompting you to confirm again. 

Finally try going to Setup>>Preferences>>Security and enable/disable the option to "I Prefer to Use Automated Online Company File Confirmation". Close down the file and then disable/enable the preference to your likely.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post