Start a Post

Huxley.Application has stopped working

Contributing User Kristy_Gray
10 Posts
Contributing User
Australia

Huxley.Application has stopped working

I am having trouble opening my (very old) version of MYOB after my laptop performed some updates and "drive fixes". I get the Huxley.Application has stopped working.

I am using MYOB 2014.2.16.3881

I am running Windows 10 Home

It has been working fine until this update happened.

I have looked up this error and found outdated fixes. The Microsoft.NET framework fix/download is not compatible with this version of windows (Click) so I could not try it. I am also not a subscriber any longer to MYOB so I cannot download the latest update.

Thanks for your help...

My diagnostic log below:

-------

2017-03-17 09:29:45.0970,MYOB.Huxley.UI.Controllers.ProductMessage.ProductMessageLogger,Error,22,Get announcement exception : System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'myob-arl-inproduct-messaging.myob.com'
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at MYOB.Huxley.UI.Controllers.ProductMessage.ProductMessageRequest.Get()
2017-03-17 09:31:59.6871,MYOB.Huxley.RF.Core.Services.AppService.RFLogService,Error,24, : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
at MYOB.Huxley.RF.Framework.UI.ProgressWindowHelper.Close(Boolean final)
2017-03-17 09:33:37.4173,MYOB.Huxley.RF.Core.Services.AppService.RFLogService,Error,24, : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
2017-03-17 10:25:11.6311,MYOB.Huxley.RF.Core.Services.AppService.RFLogService,Error,5, : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.

16 REPLIES
Contributing User Kristy_Gray
10 Posts
Contributing User
Australia

Re: Huxley.Application has stopped working

Bump

Anyone able to help?
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Kristy_Gray

It’s worth mentioning that AccountRight 2015.3 and later are supported on Windows 10, versions older than this such as AccountRight 2014.2 may work but haven’t been tested for compatibility on Windows 10 and may not work.

I have sent you a private message with the AccountRight 2014.2 Server Edition download link. You can try uninstalling your existing version and installing the Server Edition, as it does use some slightly different aspects of your computer which may get around this issue.

Do let us know how you get on with installing this version

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
MarsdenScout
4 Posts
User

Hi Neil

I'm having a similar problem to Kristy.  After the Windows 10 update on 21 Mar 2017, my Huxley application stopped working.

I'm currently running Windows 10 home edition

MYOB Accountright 2013.5.15.9262

This is super urgent as my EOFY is 31 Mar 2017 and I still have so much data to enter before then Smiley Sad

Can you please help?

Katrina

MarsdenScout
4 Posts
User

Can anyone help with this?  Please?

Katrina

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi Katrina ( @MarsdenScout )

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

As I mention in my post to Kristy, AccountRight 2015.3 and later supported on windows 10, versions earlier than this may not work and aren’t tested for compatibility.

This error can sometimes be caused by a corruption to the Microsoft .NET framework on that computer. Our help article, Error: Huxley.Application has stopped working, does discuss this in more depth and give a way that you can overcome the corruption of the .NET Framework.

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
MarsdenScout
4 Posts
User

Hi Neil

Just trying running that fix during my lunchbreak - it didn't work Smiley Sad

What would be the best suggestion - I've really got to get up and running again?

Kind Regards

Kat

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi Kat ( @MarsdenScout )

If that tool didn’t work in resolving the issue, we are a bit limited in other options that we could employ to resolve this. You could look uninstalling the update that caused your application to stop working, which you may need the assistance of your IT professional to do.

Alternatively, you would be looking at purchasing a support agreement which will entitle you to the latest version which is completely Windows 10 compatible and should allow you to carry on entering the information. As a support agreement is for a minimum of 12 months, this may or may not be a practical option.

The only other potentially viable option would be to locate another computer that didn’t have Windows 10 on it and install the AccountRight 2013.5 on that computer and move your file onto this computer temporarily. This will get you around the update issue on Windows 10 and as a result let you enter in the information in for your end of year.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
MarsdenScout
4 Posts
User

Hi Neil

Sadly, all my PC's have gone to Windows 10 months ago.  

Is there anyway I can have a 1 to 3 month product support instead of a full 12 months?  Just that Scouts QLD have actually gone to utilising Xero accounting and have requested all the scout dens to use this going forward.  Being a scout group, we don't make money and are non-for-profit and I'm loathe to go to my Scout den and ask for a 12 month subscription for support (that's $600 isn't it?).

Is there any special consideration I can apply for if an update is all that is required?

Kind Regards

Kat

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi Kat ( @MarsdenScout )

To have access to the latest version, you would need to be on a support agreement which is for a minimum of 12 months. Unfortunately, we don’t have a shorter term available for support agreements.

I have sent you a private message with some additional information that you could consider that may help resolve this issue for you. You can access this by clicking on your Forum display picture in the top right hand corner and then choosing the envelope icon that appears

Do let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post