This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Experienced User
neroli
Australia

I HATE THIS PROGRAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is happening with this program?????

THE LAST FEW MONTHS AS SOON AS I AM IN THIS HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PROGRAM, MY COMPUTER FREEZES. I HAVE WRITTEN ABOUT THIS BEFORE, BUT NOTHING IS RESOLVED. I HAD ONE REPLY BLAMING MY ANTI-VIRUS ... THAT'S BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRYING TO DO MY WORK TONIGHT, HAVE HAD TO RESET MY COMPUTER 4 TIMES, REAL HEALTHY

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD ALTERNTATIVE TO THIS CRAP./???

STILL SLOW, CAN'T DO ADVANCE SEARCHES, SOMETIMES IT WORK OTHER TIMES IT DOESN'T.

I HAVE 18 CLIENTS, I'M JUST GLAD I ONLY UPGRADED. 

UNFORTUNATLY NEW CLIENTS ARE FORCED TO BUT THIS RUBBISH.

I HAVE ONE CLIENT WHO IS NOT PAYING FOR COVER, CAN NOT GET THE UPDATES, HIS VERSION IS DOING MY HEAD IN TOTALLY.

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW, I SHOULD CHARGE MYOB FOR WASTED AND LOST TIME. THINGS THAT USED TO TAKE AN HOUR , NOW TAKE TWICE AS LONG OR LONGER

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
Barry_C
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: I HATE THIS PROGRAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Neroll,

It sounds like you haven't had the best experience with AccountRight . Can you confirm which version you are using?.

I can confirm we have had no reports of AccountRight completely freezing a PC.  This is most likely related to your Windows hardware or software causing a conflict.  As a test, I recommend uninstalling your AccountRight and using it for sometime to see if the same error arises. 

Generally speaking, windows freezing can be caused by:

1. Software related issue.
  2. Driver related issue.
  3. Operating system related issue.
  4. Heat related issue.
  5. Hardware issue.
  6. Serious issue with Windows
  7. Hardware failure.

In regards to your clients not having cover, any clients that are on 2011 or above are entitled to our latest 2013 software regardless of a cover membership as this does correct a range of performance and bugs that were in the earlier releases.  If you can send me a private message with your clients serial number, I would be more then happy to email some links for the updated software.

Lastly I would like to clarify that if a client would prefer version 19, we do still offer this software and are releasing tax table updates at end of financial year. 

Kind Regards

Barry
MYOB Client Support

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

Please use plain text.
Experienced User
neroli
Australia

It ONLY ever freezes when I am in MYOB. It does not do it with anything else.

If I enter anything a little bit too fast, as MYOB can not handle speed of any kind, it Freezes.

I have 3 of these files (3 Clients) I have lost hours and hours and untold stress.

I will refuse to take on new clients that have the program, I would rather do it manually. Since it's induction it has been nothing but trouble. I am a very very long time MYOB user, and have always loved and recommended it, but that has come to a swift end.

I only hope that 19+ still has updates annually until, this version is fixed. 

On top of that the cover is so expensive for what we get, I never use the help and we pay a fortune for tax tables.

We should really have the option of paying maybe $150 a year for taxtables only, for those of us that never use the help.

Please use plain text.
Experienced Cover User
twin-k
Australia

Hi Barry

When faced with a response such as yours that totally ignores the message of the poster and ignores over 18 months of identical posts, there is no point in being anything other than completely blunt...

The problem is MYOB - both the software and the company.

The problem is NOT the user, nor the user's computer, nor their Windows setup, nor the man in the moon.

Stop deluding yourself both personally and as a company and give people a means of reverting back to v19 as soon as possible.

I have made my decision and will be transferring out of MYOB at the end of this financial year. I'll have no regrets in doing so.

Bye

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
JasonHill
Australia
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback. I will ensure this thread is shared with our leadership team.

We made the decision in 2011 to focus all of our efforts on continuing to improve the new AccountRight, and still believe that this is the best use of our resources. As the new AccountRight and the classic platform use completely different databases, a utility to go backwards would take a significant amount of resources to develop, and could introduce other issues needing further work.

If you would like me to arrange one of our team to contact you about your specific issues, please let me know.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

Please use plain text.
Experienced Cover User
twin-k
Australia

Hi Jason

Every business has the right to decide their own fate which MYOB are choosing to exeecise with the decision that you describe (refusing to supply a reversion option to v19 from v201x).

Your decision... your consequences which you must wear.

BUT

That does not give MYOB the right to pretend that the negative consequences of your decision are somehow the fault of your clients.

MYOB must stop misleading the customers still using v201x which you do by pretending that the cause of their problems is nothing to do with the disastrous v201x of your MYOB product but instead due to a list of fanciful factors that have nothing to do with the problems being experienced.

Be honest with your long suffering clients and acknowledge that the problems they are experiencing are caused by your fundamentally flawed software. MYOB have misled their clients for over 18months with statements that all is about to be put right. The reality is that you are as far away from fixing your problems as you have ever been.

Your refusal to admit as much is why, I, and many others, have lost faith in the company and the softwre.

Regards

Kevin

Please use plain text.
Cover User
bromelton
Australia

I agree - what use to be a great program is now absolute rubbish.  Slow and unproductive.  Thank god we have only wasted 2 weeks on this we are reverting back to the old program and I have advised all my clients not to go with the new version.

Jenny Enright

Please use plain text.
Valued User
gavin12345
Australia

a utility to go backwards would take a significant amount of resources to develop, and could introduce other issues needing further work.

Here's a thought. Perhaps if MYOB put some resources into this utility, while analysing AR2013 from the point of view of developing such a utility, they may discovery what is causing the problems in AR2013. This may be a win/win.

Please use plain text.
Cover User
takeawayjodie
Australia

Totally agree.  I have just had to purchase a new laptop because the moment I upgraded to 2013, my dear old laptop (XP 4 year old) gave up the ghost.

Not impressed with this version at all.  It has been designed by people who have no knowledge of how to use accounting software to run a business, nor have they bothered to incorporate the features of previous MYOB that made it user friendly.

Please use plain text.
Cover User
Khalilah
Australia

..... Absolutely! This AR2013 is little better than a beta version foisted upon an unsuspecting broad client base as "THE" whiz bang new and complete MYOB software program of the future.... which it  is not!

It is not only EXTREMELY slow, it baulks and hangs right from the outset when simply opening the "Welcome Screen" for the program. This "Huxley" MYOB program is so resource hungry that it causes the entire computer to slow down .... even crash on occasion. (on BOTH Windows 7 & Windows 8 machines!!!) ..... "MYOB Account Right 2013 (not responding)" .... so tired of seeing this at the top of the screen!!!

Whilst the new interface may be considered fresh, new and attractive and appears to offer some improvements, it is only "appearance" as much of the previous level of functionality is non-functional or gone and the "new" functionality is is full of bugs.

Unfortunately, MYOB has, with this AR2013 release, apparently perfected the art of shooting itself in both feet with just one bullet!

With this premature release and the accompanying (in-house) marketing hype surrounding it, most of which is misleading at the very least, MYOB have successfully duped many of it's faithful long-term software clients and gone on to alienate a large number us with the "fobbing-off" of genuine feedback complaints (just follow the thread here!).

Completely dissatisfied with the program and after discovering that it was not possible to "downgrade" my datafile/s back to V19.*I began to maintain a (lengthy) log of the bugs and issues as I tripped over them in the course of my working with the now "AR2013 test" datafile and I have forwarded it to (hopefullythe technical team. 

*(Thankfully I recognised almost immediately that the new format was faulty, so restored the precautionary V19.*backup I had made then re-entered the data into the original datafile and continue to use it in V19.* format) 

Honestly, the time involved  processing data in AR2013 is unbelievable compared with the previous software (V19.*) Much of the familiar functionality in many areas is either non-existent or  non-functional or just painfully s_l_o_w !

e.g. Very few of the screens "refresh" automatically when a transaction is recorded ...... often the screen needs to be closed and reopened to cause it to be refreshed. 

Please use plain text.