Start a Post

Issues updating to AccountRight 2016.2

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,350 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Issues updating to AccountRight 2016.2

Hi all

We have had reports that some of our clients are experiencing issues when trying to use the Update Now button from within AccountRight 2016.1 and earlier.

Issue summary

When opening a file in AccountRight 2016.1 or earlier, the program will bring up a window advising you about the recent release of AccountRight 2016.2 and asking if you want to update now. If you click the Update Now button the system returns to the login screen, prompting you to login again, without starting the download or installation of AccountRight 2016.2

This process repeats every time you log into any file that hasn’t been upgraded to AccountRight 2016.2. Choosing not to upgrade does not impact on the usability of the file.

Resolution

Some success has been reported by disabling the Antivirus software and the firewall on the computer, before attempting to do the upgrade and then re-enabling the antivirus program after the update has been downloaded and installed. Please note: We recommend consulting an IT Professional in regards to the implications of disabling Antivirus software and the firewall on the computer.

What if disabling the antivirus doesn’t work, or I can’t disable it?

If this doesn’t work, or you are not able to disable the antivirus and firewall software then the download for AccountRight 2016.2 is available from my.MYOB.com.au and my.MYOB.co.nz. Our help article Downloading AccountRight from my.MYOB has a set of simple and clear instructions on how to log in and download the AccountRight 2016.2  update.

Once AccountRight 2016.2 has been downloaded and your company file has been upgraded into the AccountRight 2016.2 then the message will not come up again to prompt to update to AccountRight 2016.2.

Should you continue to have issues with updating to AccountRight 2016.2, please post here, so we can investigate and help further.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
19 REPLIES
Experienced Cover User Rivergal
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Re: Issues updating to AccountRight 2016.2

@Neil_M

Hello,

I'm having this problem with the latest update 2016.2.1.

I will try downloading the update from my.myob and will advise if it works.

Regards,

Leanne

29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

@Neil_M

I downloaded the update from my.myob and installed but I still have the "Update Available" message when I open my data file.  

The version installed is 2016.2.18.5106.

Is this the latest version? If so, why am I still getting the update message?

thanks again,

Leanne

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,350 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Rivergal

The latest version is AccountRight 2016.2.1, which has a File Version of 2016.2.18.6018. If your file does not have this specific File Version, then you are not running the latest version.

I would recommend uninstalling any versions of AccountRight 2016.2 that you have installed and then download and install the AccountRight 2016.2.1 from my.MYOB. You will be able to find this link by going My Products >> Downloads and it will show in the list as AccountRight 2016.2.1

Please let us know how you get on

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

@Neil_M

That's exactly what I've done, the file version IS 2016.2.18.6018 but I STILL have the update message.

Any other ideas?

Contributing Cover User Mattern
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

I'm having same issue.

Version is 2016.2.18.5106

File Version is 2016.2.18.6018

Keeps telling me to "Update Now" but when I press button it just logs me out and asks for data file and back to Command Centre.

What is going on?

Why can't this be resolved?

Peter

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,350 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Rivergal , @Mattern

If you are running a file version o9f 2016.2.18.6018 this is the latest version. We are aware of some clients who have been getting the upgrade now message after installing the latest update. If

If the file version is 2016.2.18.6018 then you are running the latest version, complete with the latest tax tables, and can ignore the update message. We are looking into why this message is still appearing, particularly if you have downloaded the latest update from my.MYOB.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues updating to the latest compliance release

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User SteveR_Hallweld
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

My version is 2016.2.18.5106 - this morning I have a update window with update now button - I click this, the download occurs and then I get an error message saying a version of this program is already installed - I am loath to delete the current version and download from scratch as we are running Server edition and this does not seem to be an option in to download, have looked everywhere over the support site, still end up with the generic download.  Already wasted an hour on this.........

Contributing Cover User SteveR_Hallweld
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

OK so I finally found the location for the server edition in my.myob my products/downloads - the automated installs never point me to this...

uninstalled the old version and installed the new version and no more update messages - file version is now .6018

thanks to me for solving my problem

29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Is there any way to get rid of the message?  It takes up space at the top of screen, so EVERY transaction I enter, I have to scroll down to see the Record button!  Very frustrating.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post