Start a Post

Multi Currency for AccountRight Live and SuperStream

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User GL_TTA
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Multi Currency for AccountRight Live and SuperStream

We've been a client for almost 20 years and went with MYOB because of multi currency. We wanted to move our accounts on line and mid last year I was told that multi currency support for the Live version would be available be the end of the year (2015).

Today I have been told that the Live version supports SuperStream but unfortunately I can't upgrade to the Live version because it doesn't support multi currency. But the worst was when I was told that multi currency support is unlikely to be available until 2017! There is not even an ETA for the release!

Disappointed does not come close.

After being with MYOB for close to 20 years we feel abandoned and will be looking for a new provider per 30th June this year.

7 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner The_Doc
825 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: Multi Currency for AccountRight Live and SuperStream

@GL_TTA

Yes I can almost agree - but I think you will find the ENORMOUS energy to then find SOMEONE else offering multi-currency [to your liking] AND then having to tackle THE CHANGE in accounting package will leave you so exhausted as to realise [to late]  that jumping ship was [perhaps silly].

I have been with MYOB since 1994 [about the same as you] - but I have been a CC since 1997 and have used MYOB Multi-currency for 10 to 15 years - so was disappointed when it did get incorporated.

As a major user and contributor to MYOB Multi-currency [MYOB tech did ring me and have a conference on what I believed was essential for the new version of multi-currency] - as I believed it just had never seen an update since its inclusion in the old version.

After that conference - and undoubtedly after conferences with other [long time experienced users] - the update became a much bigger task - and hence while [I believe - and I am only guessing] - MYOB attempt to make multi-currency more powerful - it just became too bigger task [with other important fixes popping to the top].

But this is all just conjecture - but like you I am NOT happy - but I wont be jumping ship as I have yet to find an overall better ship

The Doc

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

I thought it would be difficult too but I've just spoken to QuickBooks. They have an online version, supports payroll, multicurrency, SuperStream compliant, integrates with our bank and they will convert our data file. On top of that it's cheaper and I actually got to speak to someone straight away as opposed to 3 phone calls and 40 minutes to MYOB this morning before I actually got someone who could help me.

In the past we've waited for features that we wanted/needed but the fact that MYOB can't even nominate a date leaves me wondering whether they ever will deliver. I need online now, not 'maybe' 12+ months time.

We will test the QuickBooks for the functionality we use but MYOB has let us down one too many times. While it will no doubt take time to transition, struggling on with a product that no longer meets our needs takes energy too.

Ultimate Partner The_Doc
825 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Not unreasonable but I have certainly heard a lot of people jumping ship [or horse] mid-stream to realise their original limping nagg was an old faithful.

Hope the jump goes well.

I can't comment - but I have been writing/developing/using software for a long time - [probably like you] and have learnt to just keep plodding.

I have never looked at Quickbooks - maybe I should - invariably it does things differently - better?  - perhaps - but in SOFTWARE I doubt it will do everything better and quicker and brighter.

To relate - I have a client who had back in the 90s a proprietary package built for his business - a Vet package.

It is very old - DOS based onFOxPro - a modern Microsoft Dbase pacakge - but DOS based in 90s.

The pacakge growstired - and he is looking for a new pacakge and10 0r 20 packages [commercial vet pacakges]he can't find anything that will do the job he wants.

And that is the dilemma - please let me know how it goes - 

Doc

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

We run a software development company, so I am well aware of the hidden pitfalls when approaching a new software package. I don't expect Quickbooks to be perfect or as good as MYOB and while I don't relish the idea of switching, I can't afford to wait for MYOB to implement multi currency in their on line version some time in the future. So I'm sure I will have to put up with missing features in Quickbooks that I've learned to love in MYOB.

Real pity that MYOB did such a poor job of managing expectations and simply looking after loyal customers.

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,478 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hello @GL_TTA

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy that multicurrency isn't yet available in AccountRight Live. We do still plan on creating a solution for this. However in the short term, improving the existing features of the software in terms of performance and reliability had to be given a higher priority, so a multi-currency solution hasn't yet been developed.

Please note that the existing version of Premier with multi-currency is super-stream compliant through our Super Portal. You can find about our super portal here.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User tgarthe
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Liam,

"We do still plan on creating a solution for this."

Does this mean work hasn't been started? I have been told for 18+ months that a fix is on the way shortly!

Vikram-gbg
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have tried Sassu because of this multicurreny and advance inventory, it works. You guys should try it. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post