Start a Post

October 1st Compliance release

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,848 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

October 1st Compliance release

Hi all,

The 1st October compliance release with ATO tax changes is now available for the following products:

AccountRight 2016.2.2
You’ll be prompted to update when you open your company file or you can download the full installer from your my.MYOB account (for Australia). Please check out the blog article AccountRight 2016.2.2 now available for more information on this.

AccountRight V19.13

The upgrade to AccountRight v19.13 is a little different to previous compliance releases. This is a full download and install not just an update. The installer can be accessed from Help>>Updates>>Check for updates and install the compliance release.

October 2016 compliance update not showing? You can also download it by logging in to my.myob.com.au (subscription required). Go to the My Products menu and choose Downloads then click to download the AccountRight v19.13 installer. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation.

There are a few extra tasks that need to be completed with this upgrade - AccountRight v19 Support Note: Upgrading to AccountRight v19.13 has information relating to obtaining the upgrade and the tasks involved. Please note that if you are using AccountRight on multiple computers the upgrade will need to be installed on each computer to access the file.

AccountEdge v15.5.1
If you are using the AccountEdge range (i.e. AccountEdge v15), you can download the compliance update from your my.MYOB account by selecting My Products>>Downloads after logging in. For more information into AccountEdge 15.5.1 and obtaining the upgrade please see AccountEdge v15.5.1 Release Notes

MYOB Essentials

MYOB Essentials will be updated automatically, so any pays recorded from 1st October will use the new tax tables.

What’s changing?

From 1 October 2016, several tax tables will change - the Medicare levy reduction threshold has increased for some employees, and the 37.5% tax rate will apply to employees who earn $87,000 per year, up from $80,000.

Employers need to use the new tax tables when calculating PAYG withholdings for payments dated 1 October and later. Find out more on the ATO website.

To load the new tax tables

After installing the compliance update, and before your first pay run for October:

1. Open your company file, go to the Setup menu and choose Load Payroll Tax Tables.

2. Click Load Tax Tables.

3. If you have more than one company file, repeat these steps in each file.

To check that the tax tables have loaded successfully, open your company file, go to the Setup menu and choose General Payroll Information. The Tax Table Revision Date field will show 01/10/2016.

Please feel free to ask here, should you have any queries.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
41 REPLIES
Experienced Cover User BronwynHamster
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Re: October 1st Compliance release

I am running Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge. When I attempt to download the upgrade for V19 I am told:

HTTP 403 error

Microsoft Edge can’t get to this page

Try this

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,848 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @BronwynHamster

I see you have posted a similar enquiry on Downloading V19.13, I have responded to that enquiry for you.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
ktownsend
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

We are trying to upgrade to 2016.2.2 but have received an error message on all 4 devices that we have tried to upgrade.  Can you please assist.

The error message is 0x80070642 - User Cancellation installation .  There has been no interruption by anyone during the upgrade.

There are no other programs opened at the time of the upgrade.

Can you please assist.

Regards

Karen

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,848 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @ktownsend

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

If you are receiving that message follow the below steps trying after each step to see if that message has been resolved:

1. Make sure all programs are closed and try running the installer again
  2. Restart the computer
  3. Right click on the installer and select Run as Administrator.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User Nereida
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi Steven,

I'm currently running 2016.2.1 on the PC's and Server edition on the server.

Can I just download the tax tables to each PC or do I have to go to the server uninstall server edition, download 2016.2.2 and reinstall then update tax tables?  I will then need to download tax tables to each PC....  Is this correct?

I just wanted to confirm as if I need to deal with the server this means paying for an IT guy to come in.  (I always stuff something up Smiley Sad)

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
3,848 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hi there @Nereida,

I can see you've posted the same issue on this thread - I've responded there accordingly.

Please don't hesitate to post again should you require further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User Kim070
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi,

I have tried to do the update, through the updates screen and through my.myob, it hasn't updated and i cant load new tax tables.  My system is MYOB AccountRight Plus v19.11.1 - AU and is attached to Leap Accounting, would this be why it hasn't worked?  Should i have even tried to do the update?

Cheers,

Kim 

Experienced Cover User Kim070
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Please disregard this email, it has now worked.
caro-mil
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I am currently running AccountRight v19 and do not want to upgrade if possible. Can I just load the new Tax Tables?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post