Start a Post

SAME FILE BUT DIFFERENT SERIAL NUMBER

claudia
2 Posts
User

SAME FILE BUT DIFFERENT SERIAL NUMBER

I am currently using Account Right Enterprise V 19 with a serial number that belongs to my old accountant.

Can I purchase new software with my own serial number but continue using the same file?

I use multi currency...What software do you recommend I purchase?

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,672 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: SAME FILE BUT DIFFERENT SERIAL NUMBER

Hi @claudia

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Currently, if your file uses multi-currency and you will be continuing to do so in the future, you will need to remain on AccountRight v19 for the moment until this feature becomes available in AccountRight 201X.X. This means that you will be looking at either AccountRight Premier or AccountRight Enterprise v19.

If the file has used any of the other AccountRight Enterprise features, such as multiple inventory locations, then the file unfortunately cannot be downgraded to AccountRight Premier, so you would be looking at purchasing AccountRight Enterprise v19. Due to how AccountRight v19 files work, if you wanted to move the file from one serial number to another then you would be looking at submitting your file for a serial number removal, which is a paid service.

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
claudia
2 Posts
User

Thank you Neil.

What about if I wanted to change to Mac and use Accountedge. Does this support multi currency?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,672 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @claudia

Both AccountEdge Pro and AccountEdge Network Edition do have the capacity for multiple currencies, so if your AccountRight v19 file has multiple currencies activated then it will be able to be theoretically transferred onto AccountEdge.

Please note that one of the main features of AccountRight Enterprise is its ability to be run on a terminal server environment, this isn’t something that AccountEdge is designed for or supported on. If you do operate a terminal server then you may want to discuss this with your IT Professional as to which will be the best option for you.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post