Start a Post

Upgrading 2016.3

LisaMBA
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Upgrading 2016.3

I am trying to upgrade a clients Accountright 2016.2 to 2016.3.

When I login online to 2016.2 it tells me to download the new version, which we already have.

If I go into the new version 2016.3, login online and try to access the company file it tells me they are on 2016.2 and you need to upgrade.

It I select Upgrade now, I cannot select the company file as we do not have a backup of the file.

How can we access the file to upgrade it.

The client is in receivership and the administrors require reports ASAP.

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,109 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Upgrading 2016.3

Hi @LisaMBA

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

To upgrade a an AccountRight 2016.2 company file to AccountRight 2016.3 you would select to open AccountRight 2016.3 and select Open a Company file, navigate to the required file and select it to open. This will prompt you to upgrade that company file to AccountRight 2016.3.

You mentioned in your post that you have selected the file in AccountRight 2016.3 and you select to Upgrade the file but you don't have a backup of that file. A backup of the company file is not required when upgrading to AccountRight 2016.3 you just need to select the required file and open it.

Please note that the Upgrade a Company file option on the Welcome Window is actually for AccountRight Classic files i.e. v19 files to be upgraded to AccountRight 2016.3. You don't need to select that option if you already have been using a file with AccountRight 201x.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
lauren123456789
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I am having the same problem also? How do I select the required file when I dont have one to select?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @lauren123456789

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

If you are moving from AccountRight 2016.2 to AccountRight 2016.3, then to upgrade your company file into AccountRight 2016.3 the company just needs to be opened in that version.

When you open the company datafile in AccountRight 2016.3 you will get a message asking you if you want to upgrade the file or open the file in AccountRight 2016.2, just as you see here:

2016.3+.2.PNG

Simply click the option to upgrade your file and let the upgrader do its thing. Very shortly thereafter you will have a file that has been upgraded to AccountRight 2016.3

Please do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post