Start a Post

thinking of upgrading to AR2016

Silke
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

thinking of upgrading to AR2016

Hi, I am a current user of AccountsRight V19.11 and thinking of upgrading to AR2016. I have spent a lot of time trying to find pros and cons about the new version. I just don't want to risk upgrading and then don't like the new version. I still haven't found detailed information about new/improved features of AR2016. Why should I upgrade and what are the benefits? I wouldn't work on the cloud version, it needs to be installed on the PC.

Is there any dummy version I could download on my computer at home to play around and see what AR2016 is all about? Unfortunately I don't have any spare time at work to test the file at work, hence I need to download a basic trial version with excisting data at home.

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,546 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: thinking of upgrading to AR2016

Hi @Silke

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

AccountRight 2016.3 is part of our 'live' range of products, which means that you can have live services on a company file for example:

• Have your file stored in the cloud for easier collaborations with colleagues and advisers (accountants)
  • Downloading transactions directly from your bank with bank feeds to make reconciliation easier
  • Pay superannuation through Pay Superannuation, which is a SuperStream compliant service.
  • Online emailing and PayDirect Online.

Please note: Some of these features can be used when the file stored locally, i.e. the file doesn't have to on the cloud to use Bank feeds.

You also might want to check out Help Article: What's new for v19 users, which has an interactive tool in terms of the features and functions in the AccountRight 2016 program.

In terms of obtaining a dummy version so you can have a play around, you are welcome to sign up for a 30 day test drive of the program from our website. This can be downloaded and installed at home and/or your office. This does have a sample company file i.e. Clearwater which contains some information so you can have a look at the program. You are also welcome to create a test file as well. Please note that due to it's nature a test drive is used to test the program and not download and upgrade your company file into.

Do let us know how you get on and if you have any further enquires.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Silke
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Thank you for answering my question.

I have downloaded the 30 day trial but can't access the sample company file as it asked me for the administrators password.

I can access my "own company" file but not the dummy one.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,546 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Silke

Company files are different so you can have a different password/username for each company file. I would recommend trying the default username and password on that sample file, which is Administrator and no password i.e. select Ok. This should allow access for you.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post