This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
User
CoffeeChick
0 Kudos

What happens when a licence expires

I have a full licence of an old version of MYOB, and am wondering what happens if the license isn't renewed. Does the software have any restrictions put on it? I understand that I will no longer receive updates but what else if anything will happen?

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
AnnaRidley
Australia

Re: What happens when a licence expires

Hi CoffeeChick, 

You can continue using the software once your support agreement expires as normal.

Without a support agreement you are not entitled to any software updates or tech support services but it will not affect your usage of the software.

Kind Regards,

Anna
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Please use plain text.
Ultimate User
Geoff_
Australia

Hi there Coffee Chick

There should be no restrictions. I have clients who have not updated their software for a couple of years and they still use it.

The only problem they have is they do not have the latest Tax Tables.

However if your Software is Live Account or AccountRight Live then you will have a problem. Live Accounts you will be locked out of and AccountRight Live you will no longer have access to the "Cloud"

Geoff
Busselton Bookkeeping Service - Bookkeeper and
MYOB Certified Consultant , BAS Service Provider,
Servicing Busselton, Vasse, Yallingup, Cowaramup, Margaret River, Dunsborough, Augusta
www.busseltonbookkeeping.com.au Phone 08 97547680 e-mail geoff_bookkeeper@hotmail.com
Please use plain text.
User
CoffeeChick
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply. But just so you know you have given us incorrect information and we as of today cannot use our MYOB product. Not very impressed and our workflow has now been sesverely disrupted. We have been told this morning by MYOB that for us to be able to get access back to MYOB we have to pay for the last 16 months! Not impressed at all. 

Please use plain text.
Admin
Suja_P
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi CoffeeChick,

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I can see that both Anna and Tony responded to your query based on AccountRight products rather than Accountants Office. I believe this was due to AccountRight and other SME products being commonly referred to as MYOB.

Having done a detailed search of our records I can see that you are also using Accountants Office and this particular post was in relation to your Accountants Office licence.

I understand that you have since been in contact with your Client Manager and have received clarification on the matter. Your Client Manager or the Accountants Division Support team are your best resource for any AO account specific queries. They can be contacted on 1300 555 666 (AU) or 0800 94 96 98 (NZ).

Please do let us know if there is anything else that we can help with.

Kind regards

Suja
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Please use plain text.