This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Experienced Cover User
PloughGuy
Australia
0 Kudos

Is it possible to print a Spend Money transaction with GST-Included figures?

[ Edited ]

I run an online store.  Small parcels are sent by post paid by petty cash.

At the end of the quarter, I dump all the petty cash post receipts out of the teddy bear cookie jar and enter them as a Spend Money transaction drawn on the Petty Cash account.

I then hand the bear over to the Mrs and she checks that all the receipts have been scanned before we put them through the document chipper.

Currently I take a screen shot of the Spend Money window but it is requires multiple grabs. I end up with pictures rather than a PDF and on the whole, it is sub-satisfactory.

I cannot find a way of printing the Spend Money tx as it appears on the screen.  The Print function offers a cheque (really?  How many MYOB customers can print a cheque?) or a remittance advice.  

The remittance advice lists amounts ex GST, which is useless to me because the receipts are all GST inc, and if I give that to the Mrs she will make herself into a widow.  Which would neatlty solve my problem, but she would have to dispose of the body, which would probably incur further deductible cash expenses which would just make the problem worse.

What I really want to do is save it as a PDF so she can mark the receipts on the report in Preview using the highlighter function.  

I cannot find a report that will do what I want.  I bet there is one there, but it is hiding from me, probably under an assumed name.

Pleae help me print my spent money in a meaningful way.

Thanks,

PG

Please use plain text.
Experienced Partner
pawalton
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Is it possible to print a Spend Money transaction with GST-Included figures?

I am not sure you can get a replicate as per the command screen in MYOB but try using the "snipping tool" that comes with windows.  It is found in the windows accessories section under programmes (start/programs/windows accessories)  This allows you to snip around the object you want to copy and gives you the perfect copy and you can save as a picture to print.  Hope this helps

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
Barry_C
Australia

Re: Is it possible to print a Spend Money transaction with GST-Included figures?

Hi PloughGuy,

I am happy to help.  It sounds like you are entering one spend money transaction for your 3 months worth of receipts.  

We would recommend enter one spend money transaction per receipt.  If you started entering data this way, you could then run the Account Transactions report and customise this just to show transactions against your petty cash account.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a report that will show you all line items from a single spend money transaction with a GST inclusive value as the GST is posted to your GST Paid accounts.

Kind Regards

Barry
MYOB Client Support

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

Please use plain text.
Experienced Cover User
PloughGuy
Australia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

pawalton suggested:

try using the "snipping tool"

This is indeed the solution i have been using - I use a nice tool called ScreenSteps that collects a bunch of clippings with headings and annotations into a PDF.  However, this gives me a PDF of pictures.  What I want is a pdf of text.

But thanks for the suggestion!

Russ

Please use plain text.
Experienced Cover User
PloughGuy
Australia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Barry_c suggests:

We would recommend enter one spend money transaction per receipt.  If you started entering data this way, you could then run the Account Transactions report and customise this just to show transactions against your petty cash account.

I could do this but then I have dozens, even hundreds of extra transactions to wade through (it would nearly double the length of the GST report, for example) and it takes a lot longer to do: For each transaction I have to select the card, overwrite the anachronistic cheque number, set the date, do a big mess of tabs, then enter the amount.

By putting them all into one Spend Money transaction, all I need to do is tab to the amount field for all but the first entry.

A better solution is to create a PO, then pay the bill from the petty cash account.  

However, it does seem bizarre that there is no way to print the transaction as displayed.  Does no-one else find this surprising?  A program that insists on a cheque number, one would think, should be able to print a 10 pitch dot-matrix pin-fed stripey paper verison of just about anything.

(Of course, I don't actually want to "print" anything - I am printing to a PDF file.)

Thank you fior your interest in the problem, and for your suggestion.

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
Liam_M
Australia

Hello PloughGuy,

A spend money transaction in AccountRight is assumed to be a single payment. For this reason AccountRight only allows a cheque or remittance advice to be printed. If you would like to see this changed in later versions I would recommend that you make this suggestion via our Idea Exchange. This would allow other users to vote for this idea if they would find it useful and for you to track the progress of your suggestion.

AccountRight Ideas

As you said you can record a single purchase order and print that. However the reason we recommend that you record several transactions is so that the transactions are recorded on the correct date. If you record a single purchase or spend money transaction the receipts won't be recorded on the correct date (unless all payments were made on the same date). We recommend that you check with your accountant before do this.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Please use plain text.