Retain sales data

Wildflowers
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Retain sales data

When starting  a new financial year, I would like to retain data such as customer detail sales data for more than the 3 years that MYOB currently stores live.  So for example, currently, MYOB would only store data for 2015, 2016 and 2017 financial years.  I would like to store data for 5 or 7 or 10 years, eg 2010-2020.  I would like this to be made an option so that you can choose how many years worth of data you want stored and live  (ie accessible in the currenetly running/open version of MYOB).

1 REPLY
Ultimate User gavin12345
1,487 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia

Re: Retain sales data

Hi @Wildflowers

If I understood your question correctly, you may be confusing transaction data with Financial Data. If the current financial year in AccountEdge (see Setup > Company Information) is 2016, you can generate financial statements for the 2015 , 2016 and 2017 years. In the latest versions, financial data will be stored for 7 years from the time you started on the new version.

Transaction data is completely independent of this financial data. Each time you start a new financial year, by default AccountEdge will purge closed transactions from prior years. You can of course override this by selecting on the appropriate screen of the Start a New Financial Year wizard to Keep Closed Transactions up to 7 years.

So if you rollover to 2017, you can choose to keep all sales data for the last 7 years. If however when you did the rollover from 2015 to 2016 you accepted the default and purged 2015 data, they you cannot retrieve those Sales. But at least going forward you can choose to Keep all available transaction data.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post