Sharing file with accountant

mrscaines
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Sharing file with accountant

My accountant does not use MYOB or a mac.  I need to be able to share my company file with her.  Can you please advise how I can do this.

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,798 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Sharing file with accountant

Hi @mrscaines

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

For a user to access the company file with AccountEdge they would need to have the access to the program in which to open up the company file. An installer for the program can be downloaded from my.MYOB by selecting My Products>>Downloads after logging in.

Do note that as AccountEdge is intended for use within a MAC environment then they user would need to be running/have access to a MAC Operating System to install the product. MYOB Approved Partners have access to AccountEdge Partner Edition which allows those files to be opened within a Windows environment.

Alternatively, you could look at the printing of reports and other information to send through to the accountant so that they can complete their tasks. They could then outline some recommendations for you to complete in your company file.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner Seattle
1,337 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: Sharing file with accountant

@mrscaines @Steven_M

I suggest to business owners that they use a Tax Accountant with a good working knowledge of the accounting software that they use. There have been posts on the Community about Tax Accountants making journal entries to Bank Accounts and Receivables/Payables.

In the old days, I would print out the Balance Sheet, P&L and General Ledger and post/deliver it to the Tax Accountant. Steven mentioned this option.

Every Tax Accountant seems to adopt different review procedures. Some will look at every transaction in a General Ledger whilst others might rely on a reasonable test.

I do suggest that you provide your Tax Accountant a detailed summary of how your business operates if she does not have that knowledge.

Let us know your thoughts.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
www.businessadviceplustax.com.au
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post