1 Post
User
United Kingdom
cham82

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Termination code 1204 - Error 3000 in DMUseRecord

If somebody can help with this, I will happily wire them the funds for a large drink!

We are using AccountEdge 2014. Oh, by the way, I have been using MYOB since 1997.

If I try to commence a new financial year the above error occurs 'Termination code 1204 - Error 3000 in DMUseRecord' and the file ends and can no longer be used.

I have been running various tests for the past 3 weeks and I am 99% sure the issue is with the Job List as we use job codes in sales and purchases to help track P&L.

I have also recently had issues when trying to record recurring transactions, that use jobs. I have narrowed it down to the job list as when I view card files, and I click on the various tabs at the top of the card, they are all OK, until I select 'jobs' as soon as this is selected the error appears.

I have been trying to find a method whereby we can delete all old job records from that past 10 years but the only way you can seem to do this is single and this is not an option.

Any ideas anybody?

Screens attached.

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 9.27.41 am.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 9.34.30 am.png
1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,011 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6011Posts

632Kudos

819Solutions

Re: Termination code 1204 - Error 3000 in DMUseRecord

Hi @cham82

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

I see that you are posting from the United Kingdom, whilst we welcome your contribution to our forum it is aimed primarily at supporting our Australian and New Zealand clients. For technical support specific to your country’s version I recommend speaking to the local distributor of your program.

In the Australian and New Zealand versions a termination code means that the file has sustained some degree of data corruption. This can sometimes be resolved by either restoring a recent backup from before the corruption began to occur or running the file through the Optimisation assistant that can be found under File >> Optimise Company File. I’d recommend trying this to see if it helps resolve the Termination Code that you are receiving.

In terms of deleting existing transactions, both the Australian and New Zealand versions only allow you to delete transactions one at a time. Although when you do roll over the financial year you have the option to purge closed transactions. This removes some information but not all.

One option you may want to consider is to start a new file for the new financial year. As this will be a brand new file it won’t have the 10 years’ worth of job records and should also be free of the termination code you are experiencing

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post