Blog Post

MYOB Announcements
3 MIN READ

Forum weekly update #54

JasonHill
Former Staff
11 years ago

Hi all,

We’ve introduced some new functionality to the Community Forum this week called @Mentions.

Twitter users should be familiar with the concept of @Mentions. It enables community members to call out specific users in their posts and invite them to join the conversation or acknowledge their contributions.

When users are @mentioned by their username in posts, they will be sent an email to let them know. We hope you find this new functionality useful for interacting with other community members.

We do understand some users might not want an email when they are mentioned in a post. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, simply follow the directions below:

1. Make sure you are logged into the Community Forum.
  2. Go to My Settings, then Subscriptions & Bookmarks.
  3. Click Notification Settings.
  4. Untick the checkbox next to Posts I’m @mentioned in.
  5. Click Save.

Just like your subscription emails, community members can also choose whether their @mention emails include just the subject of the post or both the subject and the content of the post. The default is both subject and body. To change your preference:

1. Make sure you are logged into the Community Forum.
  2. Go to My Settings, then Subscriptions & Bookmarks.
  3. Click Email Format.
  4. Choose either the Subject and body or Subject only email content option, depending on what information you want to receive.
  5. Click Save.

This is probably a good opportunity to also remind everyone of the usefulness of email subscriptions.

You might like to consider subscribing to your favourite boards. This means you will be emailed whenever there is a new post in the board you are interested in. You can choose to receive these emails immediately, or get daily or weekly digests (you can configure this setting in My Settings). To subscribe to a board, just open a board you want to bookmark, then choose Subscribe from the Board options drop-down list.

If that sounds like overkill for your needs, you might instead choose to subscribe to individual threads you would like to follow. Just look for the Topic Options drop down list at the top of a post and then choose Subscribe.

You can automatically subscribe to any topics you participate in, and we certainly recommend you do so. This ensures you are alerted to any replies to questions you post. This setting is the first under the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab in My Settings and should save you a lot of time.

It was another busy week on the Community Forum, with 170 new members joining the community and over 460 posts, including 170 from the MYOB team. A big welcome to all those community members that recently joined us. 

Our top contributors this week were TonyLane, Julie_A_C, jenniek, Geoff_ and a welcome newcomer to our charts - The_Doc . Special thanks to Tazinx, jenniek, The_Doc who had multiple posts marked as Solutions, with Tazinx leading the charge.

Thank you to all those community members who shared their expertise this week on the forum, providing such terrific assistance to so many community members.

I hope you all have a great weekend, and may the best team win at the AFL Grand Final tomorrow.

Love your work,

Jason Hill

Community Manager 

Published 11 years ago
Version 1.0