News Item Photos

Highlighted
Experienced User Jo-de
24 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

News Item Photos

I have a problem - whenever I share a news item that I add to my website to my social media account my banner photo appears on the facebook post instead of the news item photo, therefore I can't use this tool effectively. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced issues when trying to share news items from their MYOBAtlas website to their social media account?

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,138 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: News Item Photos

Hi @Jo-de,

What you are experiencing is correct, when you add a news item in Atlas, and share to your Facebook account, the Facebook entry currently displays your Atlas banner image. 

We can see how it could be more useful to show the image in the news, instead of the banner, it is something on our developers' mind, hopefully it'll be included in future updates. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Experienced User Jo-de
24 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

Hi Clover,

Thanks for your acknowledgment of this issue. Yes definitely need the image in the news item to display on the FB post rather than the banner otherwise each post would end up looking the same on FB. I look forward to the deveopers sorting this out as it has been a long term problem that has caused much frustration when trying to utilise this aspect of an MYOBAtlas website.

Kind regards,

Jo-de.

Experienced User Jo-de
24 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

Hi @CloverQ

Would also like to add that I'm unable to share news items (or anything for that matter) to facebook by clicking on the facebook share icon, so I presume no one else can use this function either. Could this also be looked into please.

Thanks,

@Jo-de

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post