2 Posts
User
Australia
jtimetec

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Renewal of domain name

Just realised that my domain name has expired and tried to renew it via the Atlas "site settings>my domain names" but am unable to see how to do it.

I am still being charged the monthly website fee whilst my website is down and it appears that my domain has been taken over by a rogue operator.

How do I renew and get it back?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,241 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6241Posts

380Kudos

1009Solutions

Re: Renewal of domain name

Hi @jtimetec,

I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I assume the domain name you are trying to renew is jtimetec.com.au, this domain expired on 18/5/2017, then after one month' grace period, this domain fully expired and became avaialble for anyone to purchase. Currently I can see this domain name has been claimed through another registrar (registration information - https://www.ausregistry.com.au/whois), and this is the website it is used for: http://www.jtimetec.com.au/, is this also your website? 

If the domain has been claimed by someone else, then I'm afraid you won't be able to use this domain, for as long as it is held by the current owner. You can choose a different domain name for your Atlas website, the website is currently up and running, and can be accessed via the default domain name http://jtimetec.myob.net/, please log in to purchase a domain that hasn't been claimed by others. 

Or if you believe the current owner claimed this domain with bad faith, you can dispute the domain ownership with auDA.

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
jtimetec
2 Posts
User
Australia
jtimetec

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover

Thank you for checking.

I have owned the domain www.jtimetec.com.au for the past 8 years, I believe.

My registered business name is also J Time Tec.

Would you be able to advise me on how to lodge a dispute?

Regards

Eugene

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,241 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6241Posts

380Kudos

1009Solutions

Hi @jtimetec,

The .au domain names are usually allocated on a 'first come first served' basis, I'm afraid that means there is no hierarchy of rights in this industry, e.g. having a trademark does not automatically give you an entitlement to a corresponding domain name. The ground of dispute would be that if you believe what the current owner did is not compliant with the auDA (.au domain administration) policy, e.g. domain squatting or cybersquatting. 

The .auDA website has more details on the grounds of dispute, and how to lodge a dispute, I'd suggest going through them before lodging the dispute. I'd suggest starting with these two pages:

auDA takes action to enforce rules against cybersquatting

How do I lodge a domain name complaint with auDA?

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post