Forum Discussion

Essentials
Contributing Partner
8 months ago

Inventory Reporting

Inventory reporting is horrible!

• Stock on Hand Report doesn't list all inventoried items, and therefore doesn't agree to the Balance Sheet.
  • Item List Report lists all items, but doesn't list quantities for all items.  Also doesn't show total value so doesn't cross-check to anything.
  • Item Register Report does list all items and quantities, and does agree to the Balance Sheet, but needs to be run for a date range not a point in time.  Doesn't agree back to the Stock on Hand Report.
  • After processing sales of an item, the Item Register Report records the reduction in stock......but the Item List Report and Stock on Hand Report still show the original quantity?  Additionally, the Item Sales Report comes up blank and doesn't show any sales.
  • After painstakingly adding Supplier Item ID to all products I buy, I find that the Purchase Order template doesn't show the Supplier Item ID anywhere, despite the website clearly saying this field would be included in place of our Item No.

I'm running MYOB Business Pro.....AND paying extra for Premium Inventory and this is what I get.......

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Essentials , I would comment as follows:

- The stock on hand report shows the current quantities, and is not intended to be backdated, but it should agree to the balance sheet as at the date the stock on hand report is run.

- Some items that were in stock may no longer be, could that be why some items are missing?

- inactive items are excluded by default, but can be included by changing the report options. 

If you want a backdated stock report, have a look at the inventory value reconciliation report. The description of this report is somewhat misleading, in that it states that it compares to the "current balance" of the linked account. The report has a date filter, and the report is as at that date. The summary report is a useful comparison, but for a detailed list of stock making up the total, use the desktop version, as the browser detailed report attempts to be a reconciliation report by listing possible exceptions (imo not very useful).

The item list report doesn't have a total value, but exported to Excel a total can be derived. This should agree to the stock on hand report.

The items register report has a current value column in the expanded listing, which for size reasons may have to be viewed in Excel. However, it looks like items only appear on this report if they have a movement in the date range, and so it's not designed to agree with anything.

I can't comment on why new sales transactions are not being reflected in the (refreshed) inventory reports. 

The default purchase order template (custom form) uses the MYOB item code. It can be customised to show the supplier item code; this customisation has to be done in the desktop program. I don't think the PO screen layout can be changed.

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi essentials,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

We appreciate Mike_James for sharing insights on this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. To further assist you with this, I will send you a private message to ask for some information. Please look over your inbox.

Regards, 

Cel

Essentials
      Contributing Partner

Hi Cel,

I've tried replying to your private message, but it doesn't work.  "Invalid HTML" and then "Private Message Limit Exceeded" (even though it wasn't sent?).

If you can access my details from the back end, please call me to discuss.  I need a solution ASAP.

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi essentials

Thank you for getting back to us and sharing an update. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to reply to the private message. It is not possible for us to call our client on this page, when you are on the community forum, can you please try to click on your avatar and click on the envelope icon and check if you can send a message from there, or kindly click on this link to send me a private message. 

I hope it works, and I am hoping to hear from you soon. 

Thank, 

Cel

brunob
    MYOB Product Manager

Hi Essentials ,

Mike_James  gave an excellent summary, reports and stock on hand should agree at all times, are you still having issues? If so please let me know and I will be happy to schedule a call to investigate it further.

Thanks for the feedback re: supplier item ID, we are looking into adding it to the PO/Bill pdfs soon.

Regards,

Bruno

Essentials
      Contributing Partner

Hi Bruno,

Yes, I am still having issues, but they are minor compared to previously.

I worked out that quantities were not updating correctly where I had simply edited an existing invoice or purchase.  I went through and manually re-entered all sales invoices and purchase invoices, then deleted the previous versions, and this updated the records so that everything matched.

An absolute pain in the neck, but this was the only way to fix it.

After finally getting everything to agree exactly, I'm now having issues with the reports being out of balance a few hundred dollars.  I'm putting this down to rounding due to some items having an average cost value of $14.11656321571 (or similar).

Still frustrating, and not ideal, but I'm putting up with it because a discrepancy of a few hundred dollars is better than the $75,000 discrepancy I had before. I still can't understand how three reports all designed to show the same thing can arrive at three different figures.........and how none of them actually agree with the Balance Sheet.

David.