Forum Discussion

MH10
User
8 months ago

inventory

I have put in a purchase of stock into the system of 48 units from a supplier, having a total of 55 units in the system.  I then have invoiced out 24 units meaning i should have 31 units left but i only have 7 units left and when i have looked there has only been the one purchase of the 24 units?

Unsure why its only showing 7 units left in the system instead of the 31?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    brunob
    MYOB Product Manager

Hi MH10 , 

On the top of the suggestions above by Earl_HD , also check your buying/selling units of measure, sometimes people do not realise that the selling unit of measure is more than a single unit, ie box of 10.

Regards,

Bruno 

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MH10,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

My apologies for the late response. If you've correctly entered a purchase of 48 units and invoiced out 24 units but your inventory is showing only 7 units left instead of 31, there might be several reasons for this discrepancy. First, look for any manual inventory adjustments such as stocktakes, adjustments, or corrections that could affect your inventory counts. Additionally, review any open sales orders or purchase orders to see if there are unfulfilled orders impacting your inventory levels. Ensure that no transactions related to these inventory items have been deleted or voided, as this can influence counts. Also, double-check the date ranges in your inventory reports to ensure accuracy, as discrepancies can arise if the entire period isn't considered.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MH10,

I'd like to confirm if you're still experiencing this issue?

I completely agree with brunob, and genuinely appreciate the solution you've offered. 

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to help you.
    Regards,
    Earl