Forum Discussion

JES3
User
2 months ago
Solved

Cannot find export download file

I have tried to export data for my accountant and MYOB says it has been successfully downloaded but I cannot locate the file anywhere on my PC including Downloads. Please help.

• Hi JES3,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. Here are some steps you can follow to locate your downloaded files:

• Check your browser's default download location: Most browsers automatically download files to a 'Downloads' folder in your user directory. However, this can be changed in the browser's settings. Please check your browser's settings to confirm the download location.
    • Use the search function on your PC: You can search for the file by typing the name of the file in the search bar located in the taskbar (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
    • Check the MYOB software. Some MYOB software allows you to choose the location where you want to save the file when exporting data. If you remember choosing a specific location, please check that location.
    • File type: MYOB usually exports files in.txt or.csv format. You can search for these file types in your file explorer.

If you're still unable to locate the file, it might be a good idea to try exporting the data again and carefully noting the location where the file is being saved.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JES3,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. Here are some steps you can follow to locate your downloaded files:

• Check your browser's default download location: Most browsers automatically download files to a 'Downloads' folder in your user directory. However, this can be changed in the browser's settings. Please check your browser's settings to confirm the download location.
    • Use the search function on your PC: You can search for the file by typing the name of the file in the search bar located in the taskbar (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
    • Check the MYOB software. Some MYOB software allows you to choose the location where you want to save the file when exporting data. If you remember choosing a specific location, please check that location.
    • File type: MYOB usually exports files in.txt or.csv format. You can search for these file types in your file explorer.

If you're still unable to locate the file, it might be a good idea to try exporting the data again and carefully noting the location where the file is being saved.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella