Forum Discussion

CDBC-Kevin
Contributing Cover User
2 months ago
Solved

MYOB Essentials Unpaid invoice report ignoring dates

I am trying to produce an unpaid invoice report for my last financial year but each time it includes payments made after the end of financial year.  Frustrating, I have tried even selecting date range for 'open invoices' but that doesnt work like it used to, previously I was able to 'select & paste' into excel and it will automatically format it into rows and columns but that doesnt work any more.  Any suggestions as to why the 'unpaid invoice' report ignores the input dates

• Hi Genreve,

I managed to find a MYOB bookkeeper who advised me to use the 'Receivables Reconcilation with Tax' report that enables me to select a date range and will effectively give me the information I need.

It wouldve saved me a lot of time if I had realised that earlier and I reiterate that this is an error on MYOB to 'offer' a date range for the 'UNPAID INVOICE' report, if it does not provide it then it should not be an option.

Thank you to feedback provided and hopefully it assists somebody else using that report.

Kevin

8 Replies

FIFO
    Experienced Cover User

I sense this is the same question as I have

Trying to print a report of all outstanding bills as at 31 Mar to reconcile with accounts payable in balance sheet

I use UNPAID BILLS report

I continue to receive a NIL report even though there is an amount noted in accounts payable (yes those bills have been paid since 31 Mar)

Is this the correct report to use? If not what report should be used? If so please resolve promptly

CDBC-Kevin
      Contributing Cover User

I noted a community reply on a similar thread also stating that this type of report function doesnt utilise the date function and have come to the realisation that it has come to their attention before and I cannot get the report with accuracy aligned to the date request.  Im guessing your unpaid bills report falls into same category as my unpaid invoice. 

FIFO
        Experienced Cover User

Seems so

Both Unpaid Invoices and Unpaid bills reports have been coded the same and look at the current status of such not the status as at the requested date