Forum Discussion

Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
2 months ago

Profit and Loss - Actual v Budget with Variances

Hi All

It is great to see that exporting these reports now produce the correct data.

Now my issue is the formatting of that data when viewing those reports on screen.

I do not think I need to detail the issue, just look at the screen grab.

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Trevor_Harrison

Your post and the attached screenshot are much appreciated.

From my perspective, the only noticeable difference in formatting is the color, with the screenshot showing a darker background. If the color of the report is the concern, it's likely related to the browser or browser plugin settings. If this doesn't address your concern, could you please specify the formatting issue?

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance with this.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

Trevor_Harrison
      Super Partner

Hi Genreve_S 

It is not the colour of the numbers it is the justification formatting as follows:

4-3020

Budget Numbers are left justified

Actual numbers are right justified

Total Income

Actual - right justified

Budget - right justified

Zero's in variances are left justified

Numbers in variance columns are right justified.

Dashes are left justified.

What is the point of having some left justified and some right justified, it is not even a consistent application, it is all over the place.

The formatting looks terrible, it is obvious that the programmer has not justified some of the budget numbers and the dashes.  Would be an easy fix.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Trevor_Harrison

Thank you for pointing out the issue. 

From what I understand, all figures should align to the right whilst the hyphen will always be left. This suggests that the values you've entered in the budget could be causing the formatting issue. I've checked my test files and I'm not encountering the same problem. One suggestion would be to clear your browser cache and re-enter the values in the report. If the issue continues, it might be necessary to engage with our support team for further troubleshooting. You can access our support resources at myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com. There, you'll find MOCA, our virtual assistant, who can assist with your queries. If MOCA is unable to help, you'll be automatically redirected to our live chat team.

Feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
        Genreve