Forum Discussion

Minesh
Contributing User
2 months ago

Unpaid Bills / Unpaid Invoices Reports upgrade request

I would like to suggest feature upgrade in the subject reports.

As I understandard, this report only reports transactions which are due or not paid until current date. If you had paid the bill, then that Bill not show in this report. You can specify your search date, but of the invoice are paid at current date, then the report will omit that bill.

Thus meaning if you like to see information like a age balance of Accounts Payables / Accounts Receiable at a specified date, like end of your financial, you have to ensure that all information is entered as of that date and no other transaction processed subsequant to that date to have a Age Summary report.

So if the report is being program to do that, then I suggest, MYOB remove the option DATE selection. As this date is of no use in this reports chose.

Further to change this statement too 

Unpaid bills - Explanation task
"Current balance of bills issued up to a specified date with ageing details for each supplier" Its a misleading statement.

My Accountant access to my accounts now will result in misleading information as my Trial Balance as at 31 Dec 2023 will show X amount but the Unpaid Bills report will show what is outstanding as of current date not 31 Dec 2023, even if you specify that date.

Improvement needed to comply with Accounting Standards and Accountant information please.

Thank You.

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Minesh,

Thank you for your post and for the suggestion. Currently, this is how Sales and Purchase Reports work on MYOB Business. For the unpaid invoices issued up to a specified date with aging details for each customer and the current balance of bills issued up to a specified date with aging details for each supplier for unpaid bills. 

Your ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated. I encourage you to please take a moment to post on the MYOB Business Ideas Exchange board for consideration. You're welcome to share your thoughts with us.

Should you require any assistance, don't hesitate to post again. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella