Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

5,976Posts

0Kudos

477Solutions

Hi all,

Over the last couple of months, we’ve been working on making some exciting changes to facilitate the ongoing use and growth of our forum.

Along with updating our logo, fonts and colour palette in keeping with the new MYOB branding, we’ve made some changes to the layout of the forum to make it easier for our visitors to navigate and make the most of it.

I’m really excited to share this with you and to take you through some of the key changes that we’ve made.

Mobile friendly

Our forum site is now fully mobile responsive! This means that you will now be able to enjoy the full community experience on any device.

Browse Community

It is now easier for you to access the various categories and boards from anywhere on the forum. Simply click on the Browse Community link in the Community header to see a pull-out menu with a listing of all the categories.

Partner Zone

We have created a new ‘Partner Zone’ button for MYOB Partners. The new button, located in the header, gives quick and easy access to all the exclusive partner boards.

User details

We’ve also made some changes to the User profile page. You can now click into your avatar to access your Profile, Settings, Statistics, Subscriptions and plenty more. If you have set up any Favourite boards, you will now see them within your user profile page. 

As you can see we've done some major changes. So our team will continue to monitor the various aspects of the forum to ensure that all areas are performing as expected.

We hope that these changes make your time on our forum more satisfying and successful. We’d love to hear what you think. Please leave your feedback, below. Or, if you prefer you may also send me a Private Message or email to CommunityAU@MYOB.com. We welcome both positive and negative feedback.

Simplify Success!

Regards,
Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

3 Comments
JoeleneCLM
Experienced User
52 Posts
Experienced User

how do we start a new post on this new layout?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JoeleneCLM,

Thank you for your query.

We removed the Start a Post button from the Home page, in order to encourage our visitors to first Search for answers before posting. As more likely than not, it's been asked and answered before.

That said, we do understand that you may not always find what you're looking for, therefore will need to post your own question. In such cases, please go to Browse Community from the top menu >> select the relevant category and board and use the 'Start a post' button in there.

I hope this helps. Do let me know how you go.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi again,

Hope you’ve all had a chance to browse around our new look forum and have been finding it easy to navigate. Thank you to those who’ve reached out to me privately and provided some their valuable feedback.

While the feedback so far has been very positive, there were a few queries about how to do certain things in the new forum. I’ve listed these below:

How do I start a new post?

As a part of the redesign we removed the Start a Post button from the Home page. We did so to encourage our visitors to first Search for answers before posting a new topic. As we believe that more likely than not, these questions have been asked and answered (often multiples of times) before.

However, we do understand that you may not always find what you're looking for, therefore will need to post your own question. In such cases, please go to Browse Community from the top menu >> select the relevant category and board and use the 'Start a post' button in there to post your own query.

Where is my Favourite Boards panel?

We’ve moved the Favourite Boards panel to the User Profile window. You can now access it by clicking into your avatar (from the top right hand side of the global header) >> and going to My Profile.

What is that number appearing on my avatar?

The number above your avatar (at the top right hand side of any page) indicates that you have unread notifications and/or private messages. Click into your avatar to access your private messages and notifications.

How can I tell the difference between read and unread posts?

For some of our more active members the lack of bold / highlighting of posts listed on the View All lists was a cause of concern. Therefore this has been raised with our developers and we will soon implement some changes to make it easier to differentiate between read and unread messages. 

As mentioned before, please feel free to contact me should you have any queries at all about the new layout or would like help with using our forum.

Regards,
Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd