Australia
actdrc
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2 Factor Authentication - changing phones

I just changed my phone and delete the app in the old phone. However, I can't setup new authenticator app in the new phone that makes me unable to login the Myob account. Please answer me asap

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,106 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21106Posts

2354Kudos

2950Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: 2 Factor Authentication - changing phones

Hi @actdrc

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

The authenticator app used in two-factor authentication is tied to the phone it's installed on. This does mean that switching phones you will no longer be able to access your verification codes on that new device until you enable two-factor authentication on it.

If you are moving phones, before getting rid of the older phone you would need to turn off two-factor authentication and then set it up on your new device. If you are unable to access your old device you could look at using one of your backup codes.

If a backup code or the old phone can't be accessed you would need to speak to the phone based support team on 1300 555 123
 (Australia) or 0800 60 69 62 (New Zealand)

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
MaCazDamia
3 Posts
User
MaCazDamia

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The Australian phone number given in this reply seems to be incorrect, and I haven't been able to find where else it is listed.  Could you please advise?

Cheers,

Carolyn

Steven_M wrote:

Hi @actdrc

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

The authenticator app used in two-factor authentication is tied to the phone it's installed on. This does mean that switching phones you will no longer be able to access your verification codes on that new device until you enable two-factor authentication on it.

If you are moving phones, before getting rid of the older phone you would need to turn off two-factor authentication and then set it up on your new device. If you are unable to access your old device you could look at using one of your backup codes.

If a backup code or the old phone can't be accessed you would need to speak to the phone based support team on 
1800 620 430 (Australia) or 0800 60 69 62.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,106 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21106Posts

2354Kudos

2950Solutions

Hi @MaCazDamia

It looks like that number is an old MYOB phone number. The correct number for the support team, who would be able to help would be 1300 555 123. The team will be available 7 days a week: 7am - 8pm Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm Sat-Sun

I've updated that number in my original post to avoid further confusion to others.

*times listed are in AEST

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
MaCazDamia
3 Posts
User
MaCazDamia

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much, Steven. Much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post