Cover User
Australia
Rodstatewest
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Applying Credit Notes to an Unreconciled Supplier Account

I ran the Payables Reconciliation Summary Report and it shows an unreconciled balance of $264 credit, although the account itself does not show any open invoices and appears reconciled. There are 3 credit notes from May 16 that tally up to the unreconciled balance on the MYOB Report. How do I remove these credits to get teh account in MYOB to reconcle. Do I create n a new invoice to apply these credits to. These credits do not relate to any current trading transactions. Rodstatewest

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20772Posts

2304Kudos

2892Solutions

Re: Applying Credit Notes to an Unreconciled Supplier Account

Hi @Rodstatewest

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

If you do have a negative balance for a supplier I would be going to the Purchases>>Purchase Register>>Returns & Debits. This will show you all the outstanding debits for your suppliers. Do you see the supplier listed in there with transactions?

If there are transactions listed in there it would indicate that you still outstanding debits on the supplier which you can either receive a refund on or apply to bill (now or in the future), when you have made arrangements with the supplier as to what should happen with those.

Within some files, you can get into a situation where there are no transactions listed in that Returns & Debits tab but you do have a negative balance on a supplier's card. In most cases these days it is caused by a corruption in the company file but can you confirm what version of the program you are using so we can investigate further - Help>>About AccountRight would how to check the version if you are unsure.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post