5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Dessi
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Auto reconciled bank transactions

I have 2 auto reconciled transactions that were entered manually and no matter what we do ie; delete they still appear as auto reconciled, therefore not allowing me to tick them of in the bank reconciliation making it unbalanced.

How do we fix this?  Both transactions were entered before the bank feeds started in July.

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20772Posts

2304Kudos

2892Solutions

Re: Auto reconciled bank transactions

Hi @Dessi

MYOB Essentials will auto reconcile transactions that have come directly through from importing bank statements/bank feeds. The reason for this is that as the information has come directly from the bank it will match the respective bank transaction at the bank and therefore is marked as auto reconciled. You are unable to disable auto reconciling for a series of transactions or an individual transaction. 

In your case, I would be reviewing why that transaction that has come directly from the bank shouldn't be included in the reconciliation. Ideally, it should be matched to the respective MYOB Essentials transaction or allocated to the required account. Most cases, you have selected to record and reconcile another transaction in its place.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
vanessa2017
2 Posts
Cover User
vanessa2017
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have a similar issue...

We have some duplicate transactions in our bank feeds which occurred when we set up a new account in MYOB in September. These duplicate transactions are auto reconciling and thus causing the balance to be incorrect.

Each of these duplicate transactions are as ‘Allocate me’ in the bank feeds, yet still autoreconciled by MYOB in the reconciliation screen which I can’t change or untick.

Re-importing a bank statement with the correct dates didn’t seem to make a difference.

Is there a way to adjust this so reconciliation is correct? 

MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,224 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Tallie_M
MYOB Moderator

4224Posts

278Kudos

661Solutions

Hi @vanessa2017,

If in the Bank Transactions window, they're showing up as 'Allocate me', then that suggests it hasn't been allocated or reconciled yet. In this case, you can either match it to a transaction you've entered into MYOB Essentials, or allocate it to the relevant account.

In regards to the duplicate transactions, did you happen to set up your bank feeds and then import in a bank statement afterwards? The most common occurence for why clients encounter duplicate transactions is often because they've inadvertently imported in a bank statement for a date range that the bank feeds feature had already covered. If this is the case with you, you can delete the imported bank statement by following the instructions as outlined on our help page Duplicated transactions.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
vanessa2017
2 Posts
Cover User
vanessa2017
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, that is what I have read on previous posts about the allocating. Sorry but they are however showing as reconciled even though they are unallocated... 

I have tried reimporting the bank statement but still got the same data..which may be something to do with the bank not MYOB.

Is there no way of doing a journal or something to balance out these transactions? 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post